Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:30 AM   #15

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
I thought you might be interested in how many have signed up for the Quartzsite rally:

90 coaches as of a couple of days ago. I think that we may go over the 100 mark.

PROCRASTINATORS: It is still not too late to register. E-mail Louie Burch labsr@aol.com for instructions as he is heading west tomorrow and the mail is clogged with Christmas cards.

Weather: I have placed an order for warm sunny days but come prepared for anything. Heck, you would not want to miss the rally where it snowed in the desert. We could have a snowman building contest and a mass snowball fight. HA!

Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #16

We left Vail, CO, Wednesday a.m. after Jason's hip 08:00 therapy, in snowfall. Things cleared mostly on the route, tho Vail pass was sorta spooky w/out chains (had 4WD) and a large truck off the side of the road at an angle that couldn't have been good for its contents. Arrived Denver to check in for 15:00 flight to Vegas.

Snowed out of Vegas!!!! Planes couldn't land. Didn't see that coming Overnighted @ Gateway Marriott which was "close" to the airport ('bout 10 miles). Didn't bother w/early morning flights, but got out on an 18:30 flight next day. On standby, from a standby list of ~120 cranky people.

Winter travel. Always an adventure See y'all in Qzite

Old 12-20-2008, 08:00 PM   #17
hax

E Mike

If you got time to spare
Go by air
I'm driving to Qzite

Hax

2003 ALPINE 40FDTS
hax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #18

We are coming to quartzsite on Monday the 19th for several days, any alpine owners still going to be there? Sure would like to meet some fellow owners. Thanks Chris and Sonja Cratch
Christopher Cratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #19

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
In the past, a handful of coaches have stayed a day or two after the rally is over. I suspect it depends on how much water they have left.

You are missing a GREAT rally!
Old 01-16-2009, 06:22 AM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Dixie and I will be staying for a few days, here at the DRR site, after the rally. I know that a few others will be also.

This is on of the best DRR so far. Great organization and great weather.
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #21

We are going to drive over for some MotoSat re-install on Monday the 19th. Can you tell me where you guys are located, those of you who may be staying a day or two longer. Our repair supposedly will be NEAR "The big tent", but not having been there, I'm not sure how to locate any of you who are still there.

Mary & Joel

Plus Noel (Bischon Frise)
Joel & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #22

Hi guys,

Boy, did you miss a great rally. There will be a few coaches staying after the rally is over on Monday Morning. From Quartzsite, go north on State 95 toward Parker. You pass a BLM campground. This ain't it. At Plomosa road, turn right (Marked and on the map). Between mile marker 2 & 3, you will see the remaing Alpine's to the left. Turn north (left) onto BLM land and bear left to the rally site.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #23

We exited camp DRR today. Had a great time, now back @ Havasu to recuperate.

Looked under about 30 coaches of varying years regarding the steering bracket issue. Will post findings when I've reviewed my notes.

We also picked up 3 more years of Owner's Manuals for the ACA Tech Library (which gives us a fairly complete collection of model years), along w/several other parts or systems manuals and schematics. All these will get posted to the Library some time soon (I have to get back to the good scanner first).

Thanks to all for a first rate rally. Good food and great fun with fabulous friends from afar!!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #24

E-Mike,

Thanks so much for leading this work on the steering bracket, especially for those of us who couldn't be there this year. We're looking forward to your summary of the notes!
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
In my last post on this subject I stated "This is on of the best DRR so far." I am afraid that I have to amend that statement. This is the BEST DRR that we have been to and we have been to 5 out of the last 6. Basil, Louie and their rally group did an EXCELLENT job. A great time was had by all.

Thank you!!!

Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote