Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:41 AM   #15
Sorry, I was using EBay as a shopping example. Let's compare apples to apples. You advertised 33cfm with 22dba for a 12v fan for $49.99 ea. You mentioned Thermatake, I don't find those available but there is a Themaltake.

I found Thermaltake Combo Cool DIY Series Silent Cat Fan, 120mm, 1600RPM, 62.2CFM, 16DBA Fan for $9.99 after a 5 min search. Granted it a bushed bearing fan, give me a few more minutes and I'll find you ball bearings.

I'm trying to help my fellow forum members avoid paying too much for readily available parts. With a little research you can save.

Danny & Claudia

2000 Alpine Millennium Edition
Danny Gayhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2007, 08:20 AM   #16
Am I missing something? I have an '06 and don't have any cooling fans. My HD receiver really gets hot! Should I mention this to the factory?

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:42 AM   #17
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Here's an ANTEC 120mm, 12v, variable speed, double ball bearing, thermally controlled case fan, that is rated at 32dBA, and 60CFM at max speed. Antec has smaller sizes also.

$18.72 on Amazon.com

Newmar installed 2 120mm, 12v fans in my electronics compartment that solved the heat problem, but they are noisy.

I'm going to replace them with the Antecs.
Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:24 AM   #18

Sorry for the typo,I meant Thermaltake. I have a correction to Dannys comments. Our PQRV fan is not $49.99, they are $37.50. You also compared a 120mm fan with our 80mm one that has different speeds, manufacturing type and size and airflow. Your comparison example won't easily replace loud existing fans in the Alpine Coach without cutting into the cabinets.
I understand that just you're trying to help your fellow Alpine Owners and I also look for a deal when shopping around. I feel that we have a great product thats super quiet, and fits easily into the Alpine Coach an it improves your quality of living on the road.

I would appreciate if you would correct/edit your 7-26 price comment so that readers are not misinformed.

Thanks for the opportunity,

Mego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:14 PM   #19
I did a Google search for "super quiet 80mm pc fan" and came up with Vantech Stealth. Specs are 80x80mm, 27cfm, 21dba, 12v, 1.2 watt, $7.99 each.
Four will cost less than one of yours. They have a lifetime warranty and double ball bearings.

I stand corrected.

Danny & Claudia

2000 Alpine Millennium Edition
Danny Gayhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:39 PM   #20
Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Vantech Stealth </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here is a link to "newegg" where I buy a lot of electronic stuff. The same fan spec'd by Danny is available here for :
1 @ $7.49 + $4.99 ship
2+ @ $6.99 + $3.47 ship
4+ @ 6.49 + $2.58 ship

Frank Rouse

VAGABONDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #21
I took a similar approach to dgerstel and bought the same quiet fans for $40 apiece and installed them myself. We were very tired of the noise of the factory fans, including a nasty high pitched squeal.

I found I only needed two fans on our '06 Limited instead of 4, which I understand the Apex needs.

Today I had the coach out of storage getting ready for a trip and decided to see how the fans worked. I turned everything on in the overhead compartment and made sure it got good and warm.

To my surprise, I couldn't hear the fans and after awhile became convinced they were not working. So I took the compartment doors off the upper left side and the black cover panel off again (been there many times) and looked to see what was wrong.

I was blown away to find the fans were running. They were so quiet I couldn't hear them, and I have good hearing. So I put the panels and doors back on, shut everything off and listened very carefully. I found that if everything is perfectly quiet and I get my head up against the under side of the TV monitor I can barely hear a little air flow and sound from the fans.

So, these fans from Michael may cost more than all the ones the rest of you have found, but they are extremely quiet, fit like a glove and are easy to install. I don't know how one would make them quieter.

At least I'll go on record as saying they were worth the money to me to get rid of the noise and know everything fit and worked right the first time.

And I have two "extras" in good packaging to sell if somebody wants them before I return them to Michael. Send me a private message if you're interested.
Former Owner, 2006 36MDDS
2010 Arctic Fox 22GK Travel Trailer
2007 Toyota Tundra
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #22
Alpine Owners Club
While we were at Guaranty (Junction City) last week continuing our "fixes" prior to the Newport Rally - we had Bobby Vodden,(who use to be with Guaranty & now is Kustom Coach Works) go through our Entertainment System and put in a Video Switch box so that everything goes through that and you just have to push a button on it for choosing Off Air TV (antenna) or Satelite, or Cable or DVD.

We can turn everything off with just a touch of a switch and there is now no parasitic draw when things are turned off and (of greater) importance NO HEAT in the cabinets when the things are turned off! He removed the rear satelite tuner and ran everything through the front tv satelite. We also now have a surge protector for the system.

He also installed the quiet fans while he had everything opened up. We now have NO fan noise and NO heat!!! And when we run the generator - the entertainment fans DO NOT run (a big issue in our APEX.)yippe-hurray!

The Swans
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote