Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #1

I know this goes to a limited audience (no pun intended) because it appears few models have the rear ladder, but, I'll give it a go.

My ladder got damaged and this is where I wish WRV were solvent. I want to know where the ladder came from so I can order another one. This is what the lower part of the ladder looks like.

gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #2

I know this goes to a limited audience (no pun intended) because it appears few models have the rear ladder, but, I'll give it a go.

My ladder got damaged and this is where I wish WRV were solvent. I want to know where the ladder came from so I can order another one. This is what the lower part of the ladder looks like.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
This is the one option, I wish the coach had, and I still don't understand the reluctance of the company, or dealers to install it. So what if you have to fold it up to get to the engine.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:52 AM   #4

I would think any of the previous Alpine dealers can supply the ladder. My coach does not have one I am sorry about that but I could have had the dealer install it. One thing someone from WRV told me is if there are wood supports up inside the coach shell where the ladder goes it is no problem as this is what the ladder would attach to. My coach does not appear to have the supports. I do not know what you do know, but I am sure there is a way. The folding ladders are fairly common.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:25 AM   #5

I have the phone number for the manufacturer of the ladder. It is in my rig, which I will be able to get for you tomorrow.

For those of you with ladders, check the black plastic ends on all the steps. Many of mine were cracking, allowing the steps to come loose. I called the manufacturer and it is a known problem. They sent me 16 new ends and I replaced all of them on the ladder.

Ken
Old 06-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #6

Thanks, Ken... looking forward to it. And, thanks for the extra info about the plastic ends... one more thing to check.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #7

Hyjack,
Only some units had mounting blocks fiber glassed in on the inside of the rear wall to screw into. I looked at adding the blocks, the lower area is no problem but there is no room to get to the upper area. Anyone done this?
The only way I see is to cut thru the from the cabinet over the bed?
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
We had the ladder installed as an option, at the factory, on our 05. It was listed in the brochure as an option for about $200. Wouldn't be without it.

Ken, would you post the mfg on this site so that those of us that need parts can contact the manufacturer.
toad 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
I carry a Little Giant ladder, it allows acess to the roof, can be used as a very stable step ladder and fits in the Smart Bed compartment.

Also very handy around the house, instead of being bolted to the motor home.
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #10

Here's the info on the ladder manufacturer:

Kemberly Manufacturing. They are a division of, I believe, Atwood.

574-264-4144.

At first, they tried to shove me off to WRV. When I told them that my plastic ends were cracked and the steps were falling off, they sent me new ones right away.

Ken
Old 06-13-2008, 09:00 AM   #11

Thank you Ken and Nancy. I contacted Kemberly and they were unaware that WRV went under. But, they were extrememly helpful and accommodating. They checked their records and saw that they only made one model ladder for WRV so they will make the bottom section of the ladder for me. (The top half and bottom half of the ladder are two different part numbers... I only need the bottom half).

Question... does anyone know how to remove the bottom section of the ladder and replace it? I can't tell from the rivet(?), hinge(?), how the two sections are held together.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:03 AM   #12

WRV started using a different ladder some time after mid 2005; don't know exactly when; might be by same mfgr but I don't know that.

I believe your ladder has a black hinge section between upper & lower, that pivots on a roll pin. The roll pin can be removed by using a suitable size solid metal pin (a "punch") to push the roll pin out. A nail of comparable diameter w/the point ground off flat will do, or you can get a hardened metal punch @ a hardware store. You can hammer on the punch to push the pin out, but it is more elegant to use a large pliers to smoothly push it out. Protect the metal surfaces from the pliers w/a piece of leather from an old belt or purse so they don't get scratched up.

The more recent ladder has chrome castings inserted into the aluminum tube ends, also w/a roll pin hinge.