Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #1

Refrigerator

Hi, I have a 2008 34 fdds alpine. Looking for input on new refrigerator. I do not need Ice maker or water/ice in door. Just nice s/s 2 door that will fit in hole. Simple is better. Thanks Mike
MIKE JANGAAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2014, 10:19 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Mike, first I would have Bobby and Scott at Kustom Koach Works do it for you, and second I would never re-install a RV type refer. Why, RV refers are the reason 60% of all RV's catch on fire, second, they are not efficient at all, so find out from those guys how much it would cost to install a residential type in your coach, you and the little lady will love the space, and how nice and cold the food keeps. All new ones come with ice/water in door, have him plumb in the water supply with a valve, and leave the valve off, and the ice/water feature turned off on the unit. Mine is in our coach, and we have never had an issue with it that way. Hope this helps, and my signature below tells you why I feel this way on this issue. The costs is about the same since RV ones are very expensive.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:41 PM   #3

Thank you so much for the reply. What state or city is Kustom Koach in. Do you happen to know their phone number? What brand of refrigerator did you buy? Do you know what the amp draw on start up and running are? I have 8 trojan t 105 batterys for my coach. thanks again Mike
Old 11-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Mike, the startup current is around 5-7amps for my Amana, the run is 4 or so. If it's full up, it runs more efficiently. We take the time to take the compressor set around 40 psi, and blow all the dirt and dust from behind/underneath it once a year. That lets it breathe better. I am going to do this to the Hydro Hot Air registers this year, since I would bet they are chuck full of dust.

Kustom Coach works can be reached at: 541-501-3371, this is Bobby Vodden's number, they are located in Junction City, Oregon. Worth the trip to have them do the work. I believe the last time I was in there, they were using Samsung Refers, they said they were the best for the money. They may have changed now, and your space may take something different. A phone call is cheap.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #5

rfrig

Thankn you so much for the information. I'll call tomorrow. Thanks mike
Old 12-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #6

The boys at Kustom Coach Works --Home do great work. They installed my Winegard Trav'ler 1000, Samsung 197, Magnum 2812 PSW inverter. I ordered the Samsung from Best Buy and had it delivered to them for the install.
This is not my coach but it is the same install, love it. Beer is 38degs
Samsung Refrigerator Install
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator