Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2015, 10:33 AM   #1

Refrigerator Problem

I have a 2005 alpine coach 38 fdts. The domestic refrigerator stopped working.I have been trying to pull it away from the wall in order to have it fixed. It must be anchored to somehow, but can't figure it out. Does anyone have any idea?
donlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2015, 10:36 AM   #2

Tell us what is happening/not happening AND what you have checked.

Many causes of "stopped working" can be addressed without pulling the refrigerator.

Brett
2003 Alpine 38'
wolfe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:21 AM   #3

refrigerator problem

Thanks for your response. The refrigerator is getting power and fan comes on but I don't think the compressor is coming on.
I would like to know how to get it away from the wall just in case.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:28 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Donlynn
I can relate how I removed a residential refrigerator (frigidaire gallery) from its installed location in Georgetown 377XL.

I removed 2 drywall type screws from the refrigerator lower framework that were located on each side, in close proximity to the front roller ass'y that were screwed into the floor.

I then used a ratchet and socket to retract the front roller/wheels to lower the front of the refrigerator down or away from a 2x4 block that the manufacturer had mounted to the ceiling above the refrigerator. The theory is that after the refrigerator was installed in its final resting place, they lower the rollers to raise the top of the refrigerator to be wedged against the 2x4 so as to stabilize the refrigerator.

Since the refrigerator was mounted on a short pedestal, I used two pieces of 2x6's shimmed up to be the same height of the path the rollers would travel on to serve as a track so that I could easily pull the refrigerator out of its nested/ mounted location.

Hope this helps your efforts to remove and diagnose your problem.

Jack
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:18 PM   #5

refrigerator problem

Thank you Jack, I'll take a look to see if the Alpine Coach has a similar attachment.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:29 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
IIRC the 'fridge is bolted to the floor, and with 4 bolts. Perhaps someone with a 2005 or so coach will pipe up. There are several threads on this forum that address getting the 'fridge out of it's space.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:14 PM   #7

The four bolts can be accessed from the basement below the reefer.

40' 2004 ALPINE COACH FDTS
chris cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:42 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
refrigerator problem

There are 2 bolts in the 2nd compartment on the passengers side, above the dirt devil and 2 in the sanitary tank compartment ceiling (remove the 3 bolts that hold the compartment cover closed and the door will swing up). WRV used torx bolts, if I remember right they are T45's. The ones in the sanitary compartment are the hardest to reach, but you can do it, I have (use an extension on your ratchet). The worst part is getting the screws back in, patience..... Be careful, you do not want to strip them. The refer is on rollers so it will come out, it does sit in a depression so it will take a little pull to get it moving. Watch the door knobs on the pantry as you move the refer, they should be removed or you will ding up that nice stainless steel decorative panel on the refer, don't ask how I know! I pulled our refer and worked on it sitting in the kitchen! It is a bit tight, you will want some help removing the refer, it blocks the hallway rather effectively, get someone to push from the bath side and someone else to guide it from the kitchen side, otherwise it is like pushing on a brick wall.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:23 AM   #9

Thank you so much! that explains it exactly. I would never have figured it out on my own.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:02 AM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Just 1 clarification, you said domestic refrigerator, I took that to mean the Amana residential refrigerator, if you meant the Dometic RV refrigerator then the above does not apply.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You said it is not working.. Can you describe the failure?

Some failures do not require removal to fix.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:54 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Do you mean Domestic or Dometic? If it's a Dometic, there is no compressor. Its an absorption refrigerator. It uses gas and electric.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator