Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:52 AM   #1

Our MH is still in the shop. The ice maker problem with freezing a solid sheet of ice and the ice buildup behind the ice maker has supposedly been corrected (I took copies of your posts regarding these problems to the dealer to help solve issues sooner. Thanks). Now, the breaker that the refig. is on keeps throwing. The techs "think" it is the relay switch on the switch. They have a call in to WRV for authorization to change it.

Anyone out there that has had a similar problem with the breaker throwing? If so, what was the cause?

Beverly

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2006, 04:52 AM   #2

Our MH is still in the shop. The ice maker problem with freezing a solid sheet of ice and the ice buildup behind the ice maker has supposedly been corrected (I took copies of your posts regarding these problems to the dealer to help solve issues sooner. Thanks). Now, the breaker that the refig. is on keeps throwing. The techs "think" it is the relay switch on the switch. They have a call in to WRV for authorization to change it.

Anyone out there that has had a similar problem with the breaker throwing? If so, what was the cause?

Beverly

Old 06-07-2006, 04:54 AM   #3

Sorry that I didn't proof read this before posting. I meant the "relay switch on the refrig."

Beverly
Old 06-07-2006, 05:40 AM   #4

How did they correct the ice buildup behind the icemaker?

Audrey

P.S. You can edit your posts - click on the middle icon (bottom right-hand corner of your post).
Old 06-07-2006, 07:57 AM   #5

And the One-Big-Cube problem?
Thanks in advance for help w/this vexing foible.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:07 PM   #6

Mike, that one big cube would fit very nicely in your Margarita, although it wont keep it as cold as multiple cubes you won't need to replace for the next one if there is any chance of that.
Good Luck,
Ted
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #7

Well, we picked up our coach this morning. The refrig. had been turned off. It is now hooked up to shore power, so I should have an update in a couple days to let you know if its working properly. We were told that the problem was in kinked tubing that was lying on top of the cooling/freezing unit (if this makes sense).

Also, WRV didn't think the relay switch needed replacing. They thought it had just "stuck," causing it to throw the breaker. So, we shall see.

If all goes well, we plan to take the coach out next week for a few days to a nearby lake area.
At least we'll be close to home if things don't work properly.

Our problem now seems to be the SmarTire system. I will make a new post for that.

Thanks Audrey, for the computer editing tip (I'm not very computer savy).

Beverly
Old 06-09-2006, 06:50 AM   #8

I checked our refrig. this morning, and all seems well. I called the service suprv. to see if I had acurately described the solution to the big cube and ice build up problem. She said that the tech said the tube was a bit too long, and he had to cut some off. The drip tray was lying on top of it and kinking it (as I described earlier). This seemed to be causing both problems (the kinking letting water squirt in the tray as well as behind the tray.

Beverly
Old 06-09-2006, 09:33 AM   #9

Bev- Is that something you get to by taking off the roof vent & fishing down the back of the fridge, or is it burried behind the white plastic cover to the right of the ice tray? Thanks again. Mike
Old 06-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #10

EMike,

I'm not for sure about the answer to your question, but from the way the serv. adviser described it to me and used the words, "drip tray lying on the tube and causing it to kink," it seems it would be found to the right of the ice tray. If they had to take the roof vent off, I believe she would have mentioned it. Hope this helps.

Beverly