Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #15

Well, I have checked the batteries and they are ok..I am on 30amp and have put power share on 15amps and so far no relay chatter..will see how it goes..mel
Melorene is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #16

OK--so what did you do "fix" it?---inquiring minds want to know...... ot
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #17

I just lowered the power share to 15amps..hope that does it.. mike says I should raise it when using the generator to charge the batteries quicker. Mel
Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #18

Well, I thought I had it fixed but am now connected to 50amp in an Quartzsite rv park, set to different power shares from 30 down to15amps..relay doesn't chater when i run the aqua hot using house power . it uses house power i think.. but when i turn off the heater, relay chatter comes back again so I just go to the bat compartment and shut off the 12 engine bat switch..that does it but the down side is it cuts off the power to the cockpit area..have done many things, redlands checked the batteries and they are ok.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
Did you try reseting your battery capacity to 600Ah in Xentrex 2000 setup programming? It is a simple fix that 100% solved my exact same problem as you are describing. I have 6 - 225 amp trojan batteries - which totals 675Ah, but the software glitch in xentrex doesn't charge correctly if set to 675. 600Ah seems to be the number that corrects the charging problem - several of us with Xantrex 2000 chargers have done this.
Cinequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #20

I had the charge solenoid cycling on me in the night at Quartzsite this year. I'd charge the batt's & they'd drop to 13.1 to 12.9 after shutting down the gen to go to bed. The chassis batt's apparently live at a few tenths less. Apparently the AGM full charge voltage is just above the connect voltage for the charge solenoid. As the solenoid engaged it would drop the voltage to less than the connect threshold, an d cut out. Then the resting AGMs float back up, trip the solenoid threshold, & repeat. This was with the inverter Off so draw on house batt's was minimal.

A coupla nights I did what Mel does, shut off the chassis batt switch. Then I left the inverter on but not running anything, which dropped the chassis batt voltage enough so it doesn't trip the solenoid. I never have this problem on shore power.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to Free2Go
I replaced my chassis batteries and never noticed the solenoid clicking on and off. That was several months ago. Today I went down to the storage unit and the chassis batteries are dead. I'm thinking the solenoid went bad and didn't allow the 5 amp maintenance shore power to ever trickle charge the chassis batteries. The house batteries are fine.
Now I need to find a replacement solenoid...still searching the forum for a part number and source....
Steve & Sue
'05 3-slide 40'
San Antonio, TX
Free2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:44 AM   #22

There is a telephone number on the solenoid if it hasn't been worn off..I called it and they sent were very helpful ..Mel
Old 04-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #23

Here is a thread w/all the poop on ordering solenoids.
Let us know if anything isn't current, or if you find other outlets.

Tags
battery