Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-22-2005, 01:33 PM   #1

I have an '05, 40ft Alpine Coach with the satelite and LCD tv system. I have 3 remote controls for the sound, tv, and satelite and was wondering if anyone else out there that has the same thing has had any luck combining the three controls into one. I've tried but no luck. The Hughes receiver manual has a procedure for it but nothing happens. Might have to buy a universal control.
Chet

'05 40' FDTS
Chet Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2005, 01:33 PM   #2

I have an '05, 40ft Alpine Coach with the satelite and LCD tv system. I have 3 remote controls for the sound, tv, and satelite and was wondering if anyone else out there that has the same thing has had any luck combining the three controls into one. I've tried but no luck. The Hughes receiver manual has a procedure for it but nothing happens. Might have to buy a universal control.
Chet

'05 40' FDTS
Old 02-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Louie & Linda
I was able to combine the Hughes Receiver and the TV. I could/can not get the Kenwood receiver to work using the same or any controler except the one for it alone. I used the Hughes for the DSS and TV.

I have been told that a Sony remote master controler will do all but have not tried it. Several 05 coaches came with the Sony but it coonfused so many that WRV stopped using it.

I also was able to hook up the RF remote for the rear TV and DSS. Works great after I moved the RF antenna to a location beside the LCD TV. I used an extension cable to move the antenna.

Good luck.
Louie & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:08 PM   #4

Chet, I received the Sony remote commander as an Xmas present and it works great. I push 1 button to turn everything on and off. Most all other functions work without fiddling around.

Most any programmable remote all in one should work. If memory serves me right, I did have to memorize the volume and on off functions of the Kenwood and set up a macro to turn everything on and off with 1 button.

My wife uses it with no problems. She actually likes it.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 07:30 AM   #5

Thanks for your input. I'm off to get a Sony master controller...
By the way, wife and I have been on South Padre Island since early December and love it. Cheers, Chet

'05 40' FDTS
Old 02-25-2005, 07:51 AM   #6

We spent 2 weeks at Pioneer Trails on Padre Island in October 2002. Loved the area but the humidity was too much for us. How is the humidity this time of the year?

One other item, I moved the white Niles receiver with the blue led to the upper right hand corner of the TV. I found reception above the rh speaker to be less than desirable.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:00 PM   #7

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Chet,
Logitec makes a fantastic remote control called the Harmony. It is setup through a browser window when you connect it to your pc via a supplied USB cable. This thing is tremendous! The model that I use is the 688. You can find more information about this unit here. It is setup so that you only have to push a single button to activate multiple appliances. It has turned out to be a real boon to my wife who was famous for saying "how do I turn this d**n think on?" Now she just pushes one button and life is good.
Canuck

300HP Cat 3126E, 6Sp Allison
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 06:30 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chet Yancey:
By the way, wife and I have been on South Padre Island since early December and love it. Cheers, Chet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Chet - where exactly on SPI are you camping?
Old 03-03-2005, 12:30 PM   #9

We,ve been at the Andy Bowie county park and will leave 3/5 for Kerrville,Tx.
Chet

'05 40' FDTS
Old 03-03-2005, 03:54 PM   #10

Chet, if your not going to Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville at least stop in and check it out. The place is awesome. We spent a week there last October. If you get a little farther north we are at The Outdoor Resorts in Arkansas. We stopped in late last October and fell in love with the place. We now own a lot here.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:39 AM   #11

Does Andy Bowie county park have RV spaces or were you boondocking on the beach? I thought is was just a day use park.

Audrey
Old 03-06-2005, 04:43 PM   #12

Thanks again everyone for your responses. Yes Wayne, the humidity is hi on Padre almost all the time. We left yesterday and today we are planted on spot 6060 in the Buckhorn Lake Resort.You are very accurate in your description of this place. We will stay at least 3 days to scout the area out and might settle in for more. We're not in a hurry to get anywhere.
And for Audrey &John, The Andy Bowie park has 18 RV parking spots with water, sewer, and up to 50 amp elec. power. They do not take reservations so you have to be there to get a spot. Once you have a spot, it's yours for 6 months if you want to stay that long. It's $268.00 a month plus electricity.
Hope this helps....Chet

'05 40' FDTS
Old 03-06-2005, 08:39 PM   #13

Wow - who'd have ever known! They sure keep it a secret. The Cameron County park's web site doesn't say a word about any RV spots let alone full hookups. And no time limit either? I bet some smart Winter Texans claim those spots early.

Well, we'll definitely check it out when we're in the area. We love the boardwalk at the Visitor's Center (we're bird photographers).

Thanks much for the info.

Audrey
Old 03-09-2005, 05:08 AM   #14

Audrey and John,
I tried to -e-mail you thru this web site but it didn't work. Do you have a regular -e-mail address?? By the way, we are leaving Buckhorn this coming Saturday so we may not see you unless you come earlier. We'd love to meet you two and are in spot 6060 if you can make it...Chet

'05 40' FDTS