Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2016, 07:45 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Remove couch

can the couch be removed via the front door? Your input would be most appreciated.
dennismhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2016, 07:53 AM   #2

We had the hide a bed couch in our coach. We had to remove the arms at both ends to get it to go through the door. To get it over the passenger seat we had to lift it up over it and then tilt it down and through the door. Not easy but doable!

Geoff
Old 06-12-2016, 08:00 AM   #3

Different coach, but we disassembled our jack knife bed/couch in our Excursion to remove it. It was pretty junky, so I'd have cut it up if necessary to get it out. The other side of the coin is what are you going to replace it with? We put a residential leather love seat in its place and it just barely fit in the Excursion's 30" midships door. I doubt I'd ever get that couch in my new Discovery through the front door.

I'm not familiar with your coach, but if you have a front door coach, getting any sort of couch back in might be a real challenge. Unless of course you're replacing it with chairs?

With a front door coach you might have to remove the passenger seat to make the job easier. Sometimes large items have to go in/out through the windshield. Could be expensive
Old 06-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #4

Removed mine when I redid my floors. However, pilot and copilot seats were out also.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:49 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Dennis, we had the jackknife couch, when I removed the carpet and installed hardwood floors I remove the couch and installed a computer desk. It was easy, remove the arms, 4 bolts each end, open the jackknife and the couch is out!

If you have questions PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:56 PM   #6

Had ours done during an interior remodel. I saw the old one outside the coach in one piece so I assume it went out through the door without problems.
Replaced it with two wall hugger Lazyboys and a custom cabinet between the two. Had to extend e floor about 4-5" to allow enough room for the chairs to fully recline. Worked out nice. We moved the LED TV into another custom cabinet directly across from the chairs so no more craning ones neck to watch TV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	129997  
Old 06-12-2016, 04:59 PM   #7

Here is the computer/TV cabinet directly across. The TV is on a power lift.

BTW, we left the OEM seat belts in place to secure the chairs for travel. They are held in place by four screws into the plywood floor.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	130000  
Old 06-14-2016, 12:39 AM   #8

Found if you have the muscle, the dining room window is an easy way to move a couch in or out of the coach.
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:31 AM   #9

Remove couch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismhamm View Post
can the couch be removed via the front door? Your input would be most appreciated.
We just pulled our old sleeper sofa out of our 2007 34 DDS. It was a Flexsteel and was not going to go through the door, so my husband and I took it apart. Saved some of the back fabric to R over the dining chairs to match the valances. Put in 2 Lazyboy recliners and a table between. Turned out pretty nice! Sorry picture is upside down. I don't know how to manage photos on this site.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	130687  
ladytj1754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:57 AM   #10

I understand that you can use normal chairs to replace the couch! Isn't there an issue with the two or so inch raised slide floor? My feet would not touch the main floot!
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:13 AM   #11

Re: remove couch

We have about 3" that the new chairs hang over. My husband is making a cross brace to fit each chair that will stabilize them on the overhang. It will also allow us to slide the chairs out for reclining as ours aren't wall huggers.
ladytj1754 is offline   Reply With Quote