Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #15
OK-Here it goes; after being on the forum for an hour now, I've determined that I have a Love/Hate Relationship with WRV. I have a 34 foot 2005 Alpine Coach Limited, it's been in and out of the shop since 05, the last time it was in was Sept. 3rd and has been there up till now except when I pulled it out for Thanksgiving Day weekend and now we pulled it out for Qyartzite week. We have to drop it back off at Temecula RV on the way home. Here are a list of my pros and cons.

Rides Great!!
Lots of power-I pull a F150-No problem
Great cabnets
Love the dinning table size with the leaf extention
Closet to narrow for hangers
Tiles cracked right away
Couch has come unbolted 3 times
Dosen't sleep family of 4 too well.
Roof peeling from top
DAsh A/C quit
Hydraulic hoses for closet slide out burst twice
Forced heater dosen't distribute the heat too well-I might take out the flex hose and put in smooth straight ducting.
I owe too much on coach too trade it in

It's a bitter/sweet relationship but I'm stuck with it. Oh I forgot to say that WRV has repaired 95% of my problems including regrouting the tile floor due to improper grout installation.
The question is what else compares mechanically?

2005 Alpine Limited
34ft of Rolling Good Times
William Schnieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club

Welcome to the forum. I think owning any coach could be a love/hate relationship. Now that you have most things fixed, I'm sure you will have less of a hate thing.

I don't know how your closets are, but our hangers fit fine. Patty uses steel hangers. Hopefully your hydraulic woes are behind you. You aren't the only one on the forum that has that problem. I trust the last time your couch was bolted to the floor they used self-locking nuts.

As far as what compares mechanically, we owned a tent before the Alpine, so other owners will have to answer that question.

Enjoy your travels, and visit iRV2 often.

Tom, Patty, Hannah "The Big Dog" and Abby Kat, Indianapolis, Indiana 2000 36' FDS 72232 Our Photos
We live out in our old van. Travel all across this land. Drive until the city lights dissolve into a country sky, me and you - hand in hand.
Tom and Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:26 AM   #17
Willian Scneiber, I agree thouroughly that the heat distribution on the propane heater is poorly distributed. The forward part of the cabin is cold. There is no distribution at all on the drivers side and it is badly required. I am hoping that WRV would come up with some solutions.
As far as the hangers in the closet they do bang on the closet doors. We stopped using stainless hangers as they are very noisy. We have changed to plastic hangers and put a towel over the clothing on the top front of the clothes. This will eliminate the noise.This was a diffucult rattle to locate.
In addition the heater is know blowing fuses and we are in the process of removing it to find the problem. We are pushing as we are leaving the 31st of Jan for vacation. There is no way to work on the heater with it in position. It must be removed.
Ted & Carol Ulmer
2005 Alpine 34', 34FDDS
2006 PT Turbo pusher
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:18 AM   #18
My 2003MD has the propane heater under the sink [in basement] in the main bath--impossible location if you have to work on it. Here are a few of the things I have done to improve heating in the front cabin.
1. Replaced the duct [dryer hose] going to front cabin with insulated/residential 4" flex pipe.[too much heat loss to basement w/dryer hose]
2. Put a tee in the duct going under bed and rerouted new duct to space under refrig--keep the vent under bed shut off.
3. Placed sound baffling under sink cabinet to quiet the blower fan.
4. Replaced furnace wire at fuse box--old wire had melted/burned in loose connection.
Main problem is that thermostat for furnace is above driver's seat area. Ref 1-3 above, unless you can force more warm air forward, the furnace will not work as designed. Fact is, you probably need two furnaces to heat a 40' coach in cold weather.

Old Scout
2003 40' MDTS
Garden Ridge, Texas
Old Scout is online now   Reply With Quote