Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #1

Well Rick was here today. He also brought along a new factory rep his name is Barry. Barry has been in the industry for a long time and is a GREAT GUY! I was impressed with WRV's choice for a new Rep., Rick said Hi to all!
I learn more info everytime I talk with Rick! There are GREAT things happening and they are putting good people in the right places!
I fell in love with these rigs all over again today! These are as salemans dream and I finally figured out why...Not only are they the best built coach on the road but they have so much to offer it gives us alot to talk about (salesman love to talk...lol) I literally take 30-45 minutes talking just about the chassis how many other manufacturers spend more than 2-3 min. on the chassis? Then you have the smart beds, the generator slide, holding tanks, paint jobs, heavy duty windshield wipers, the brakes, the easy acess to work on things truly a coach built with you in mind and YOU are the most important component of the RIG!! SAFTEY features galore! I love the thought of buying your last coach first! I could go on and on but you all know as you own one but all this and its still affordable!!! Well take care and HAPPY RV-ing
RVRONINPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #2

Well Rick was here today. He also brought along a new factory rep his name is Barry. Barry has been in the industry for a long time and is a GREAT GUY! I was impressed with WRV's choice for a new Rep., Rick said Hi to all!
I learn more info everytime I talk with Rick! There are GREAT things happening and they are putting good people in the right places!
I fell in love with these rigs all over again today! These are as salemans dream and I finally figured out why...Not only are they the best built coach on the road but they have so much to offer it gives us alot to talk about (salesman love to talk...lol) I literally take 30-45 minutes talking just about the chassis how many other manufacturers spend more than 2-3 min. on the chassis? Then you have the smart beds, the generator slide, holding tanks, paint jobs, heavy duty windshield wipers, the brakes, the easy acess to work on things truly a coach built with you in mind and YOU are the most important component of the RIG!! SAFTEY features galore! I love the thought of buying your last coach first! I could go on and on but you all know as you own one but all this and its still affordable!!! Well take care and HAPPY RV-ing
Old 11-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I love the thought of buying your last coach first! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ron, we did exactly that, although ours is a used 2000 purchased in 2004. Actually it was our only RV. Moving from a tent to a Alpine.

Truly it won't be our last coach as we have dibs on Engineer Mike's '08 (Hopefully he will keep it for more than two years this time) when he purchases a new Alpine.

Thank you for your help.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:14 PM   #4

Yer killin me
Old 11-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Old 11-17-2007, 05:44 AM   #6

Sounds like a GREAT Coach and I will be checking them out for my naxt coach. Thanks Ron your info has been wonderful!!!
frankbragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:12 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
What I don't understand is why do the consumers have to do the debugging. Seems like it should be done by the manufacturer.

I have spent exactly half of my first two months of owning my coach sitting in repair facilities.
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #8

I assure you they do go through a thorough quality control inspection thru out the production process. It is a 15 ton multi mechanical house on wheels, A process of bringing you the luxuries of home. I'm sure there was a reason you decided to buy a motor home. I don't want to sound cold but I wish once again that you would of been a little better educated in your process prior to buying a motorhome, something I try to do for anyone considering buying one.
There is available a coach that has been thru the debugging period it is called a used coach. However sometimes that too can be a nightmare as anything you buy used. I had a tent once that too had many problems...from leaks broken zippers and a complicated process to set it up. If you think a motorhome is bad don't buy a boat..lol. Hang in there you will have many miles of memories and enjoyment to come.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:10 AM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Ron,

I guess I should inform you that this is not our first RV. I have been RVing since 1968. Have had two pick up campers, two fifth wheels, and this is my fourth motorhome and the biggest dissapointment of them all.

You need to go to camp WRV and spend four weeks, like we just did, sitting in their tiny "customer's lounge" and listening to all of the disgrunteled owners.
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:21 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by big jimbo:
Ron,
You need to go to camp WRV and spend four weeks, like we just did, sitting in their tiny "customer's lounge" and listening to all of the disgrunteled owners. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't feel that bad Jim. This lifestyle is definitely a challenge to ones patients - but overall I feel it's worth the hassles. A few months ago a woman sitting in the 'customer lounge' told me she was there 13 weeks. Now that's a real challenge to a persons patients!
I wonder if she is a 'happy camper' now?
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Hey Ron:

I'm really very glad to have you working with us and our Alpines, but saying that WRV "go(es) through a thorough quality control inspection thru out the production process" is perhaps stretching the truth. Based on very reasonable and very intelligent folks' posts here, some very obvious and very silly quality issues sail through production.

Now granted, many manufacturers are worse and since their quality may be poorer, the results are more blatant, but there is HUGE room for improvement. If a customer can easily find it, a trained professional should not only be able to find it, but it should have never moved down the line until corrected. My coach is five years old and I'm still finding bad installs and their results.

That being said, I still like Alpines better than ANY other coaches on the market (including the $M ones). Keep on cheering for our cause, but please don't distort the truth on WRV's behalf.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #12

Ok I had to think alittle on how to reply to this. It is my belief that most all manufacturers have a pretty thorugh quality control process through out the production process. I do however believe it should be monitored and improved on a regular basis. I'm really not sure why Motorhomes, boats, etc seem to have so many issues. Even issues that the dealers catch and fix upon arrival.It really does kind of leave me wondering and when I wonder.....I will do my best to not only get answer but to help find a way to better the issue.(I do understand the complex nature of the beast,the multiple componets, human error,and the time factor in delivery plays arole) But it was not my intention to distort the truth for WRV's behalf, as my reputation comes first above any employer, manufacturer,etc. I guess I should of just let jimbo vent his frustrations and moved on. Live and learn So I appolagize for any misinterpretation that may of been taken here but I assure you it was with full believe on my part and not to distort for WRV's well being. I believe to be the Best you need to act like the Best and I whole heartedly believe they are moving that way. Thanks Ron
Old 11-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Ron:

I've finally read every single post on this forum (I know, I have no life!). Everything I've read indicates you are quite right. WRV is moving in the right direction.

Management is starting to own it's customer service responsibilities. They are trying to hire and KEEP good employees who, in turn, are owning their responsibilities to put out a good product. Sales people are learning their products. Obviously the key is for every member of the team to not allow poor workmanship, customer service, etc. to occur and to call it out when it occurs.

There are lots of ideas on this forum, by QC people, engineers, managers and entrepreneurs. They all boil down to each part of the company owning it's responsibilities and not accepting inferiority. WRV is a team. The coaches/managers need to develop a positive employee morale and thereby a superior product. It works in every type of business. I know, I own a couple companies myself.

ALL of my dealings with WRV have been wonderful. I love my coach. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. I've convinced a friend to buy one, too. I couldn't be happier. They must be doing something right!

Okay, now I'm going to have my "heavy hand" amputated and replaced with a "lighter touch".
Old 11-19-2007, 08:19 PM   #14

I agree,,,,VERY WELL PUT. Thank You! Ron