Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2011, 07:24 AM   #1

Repair Facility near Tuscon

I may have a compressor problem on my coach (spitting oil from purge valve) and am looking for a repair facility in the Tuscon area. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate them.

Thanks,
gmfryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2011, 07:50 AM   #2

LaMesa RV Irvington Rd. Talk to Xavier in service at 520-807-7200. Have been using them the last three years. Could not be happier with the service. They do a great job.
2AZSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Also consider Freedom RV on Irvington. Ask for Jennifer at (800) 782-2294. They were quick to help us when we needed emergency repairs 2000 miles from home.

Since they are a Winnebago dealer we called La Mesa first, but they would not take us any earlier than 30 days from our call since we did not buy our coach from them. La Mesa is well thought of, but busy I guess.

We could not have asked for better treatment or a more fair price than we received at Freedom RV this past March.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #4

called La Mesa and they are able to give me an appointment for next Tuesday, 5/10. Perfect

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #5

Did you not consider Cummins Rocky Mountain in Tucson? Just curious, because that's where I would have gone with a compressor issue, since it's attached to the engine, and in some of the engines, like the ISL 400, supplied by Cummins.
Former Owner, 2005 Tioga 31M and Arctic Fox 22GQ
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #6

Cummins in Tuscon, didn't come up as being a motorhome repair facility, so I chose La Mesa. But I did not call them, guess I will see what La Mesa says and then proceed from there.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #7

I understand how you got to La Mesa since Cummins did not show up as a motorhome repair facility. I have been to at least 6 different Cummins facilities between Cummins NW and Cummins Rocky Mountain, and all were familiar with the engine, the transmission, chassis issues and air suspension issues, primarily because trucks, buses and fire trucks share a lot of the same components. So I've had good experience withe them and usually go there first on those issues.
Former Owner, 2005 Tioga 31M and Arctic Fox 22GQ
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #8

OldForester,

After think about what you said I do believe I would be better of going to an engine place rather than an RV place. So I called Tucson Cummins and was told that they no longer have a repair facility due to the economy and he suggested I call Inland Kenworth in Tucson. I did and we are set up for Tuesday.

Thanks for making me think a little clearer!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #9

We went to Inland Kenworth in Tucson a few years ago for some diesel engine work and we were very pleased with the service, speed, and the personnel. Hope they worked for you.
gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #10

We found them to be very friendly and helpful. We had a bad compressor so we had to spend one night in a motel while they replaced it. I would recommend them to anyone in the area.