Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
I want to replace the outside skylight over our shower. It has yellowed and I have stepped on it a few times putting the cover on.

Anyone know where I can find it?

I would think all years are the same.

Danke.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
I want to replace the outside skylight over our shower. It has yellowed and I have stepped on it a few times putting the cover on.

Anyone know where I can find it?

I would think all years are the same.

Danke.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Good thing you clarified that...I was thinking perhaps you were doing handstands in the shower! Wish I could help with your question, but alas, I am no help whatsoever!

When are we going to get to see you again?? Hope it's soon, as we miss you!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone know where I can find it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Since you have no replies yet, you may find a replacement here.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Tom,

I wanted to say that you could find it on the roof over the shower but I was to embarrassed to say it.
toad 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Tom and Patty,
I had a 2001 Alpine which need a new shower sky light cover. The bad news is it came from WRV, not help now!!!

I would suggest you contact Mark Harrop, He goes by "RACER_SS" I found him in a post on July 04, 2008, currently page 7, Subject "Max Zackula" You could PM him. I'll bet he knows where WRV got the Sky Lights.
Replacement was easy, except WRV used the random drilling method, so it was hard to locate the holes to match the old ones.

Dan R...........
Hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Tom & Patty,

I was just perusing the new tech library (thank you soooo much EMike!) on the ACA website, and there is a contact phone number there for Weiss, who manufactured the sky lights, under Components and Appliance Contacts. You might try that.

Good luck!!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Thank you all for the tips .

Gail and John, I will call Weiss in the AM. You reminded me that I STILL have to get all the schematics for 2000 into EM to post on the website..

I have been covering the MH in the mountains, sure keeps it clean. Unfortunately I cannot always tell where I'm stepping . So far the two solar panels are intact
Old 09-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Anyone have the correct phone number for Weiss?
Manufacturer of the Alpine shower skylight. The number listed in the library is for Winegard I have done a Google search and came up with zip .

Thanking all agian.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:58 PM   #10

I also am looking for a replacement shower skylight. A local RV store and repair shop has an angle skylight listed in a catalog. I need to check the measurements. I will order one if the measurements are close provided a return can be made if it will not fit. The cost was about $160.00
2000 Alpine coach 38 foot
Old 09-23-2008, 03:09 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
I replaced mine with a regular roof vent, hole inside same size.On roof overlap of skylite bigger.Filled screw holes with dicor sealer installed new crank up roof vent with butal sealer.Then covered overlap with eitherbond tape an then some more dicor sealer.Looks good no leaks an you can open vent to let steam out an lets light in.Cost about 50$ plus you can replace lid easy.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #12

Tom & JR- Thanks for locating the bug in the Components page of the ACA tech library.

Call the 800# listed for Wineguard to get to Weiss, and call the 800# for Weiss to get Wineguard.

You see, its like a Rubix Cube, but for coach owners. I suspect reverse psychology won't work more than a coupla days more, then you'll have to call the respective companies at their listed numbers
Old 09-25-2008, 07:11 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Now see, why didn't I think of that .

It is only logical, like the Net Flix commercial.

Thank you Mike, and everone one else on this forum .

I ran into (not literally) an Alpine owner the other day in Three Rivers CA. He had not heard of iRV2, so I left him the website. Told him that there were some very smart people on this site.

I'll phone Winegard tomorrow to talk to Wiess
Old 05-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #14

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
I have a friend who needs a skylite but has been unable to find Weiss via phone or Internet. Anybody actually find a replacement skylite? This thread kind of died before any results were posted.

Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote