Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2015, 07:05 PM   #1

Replacement Mattress

Just curious what the most popular replacement mattress is.

We're looking for a king.

Also on the 40' triple slide is there any problem getting a 10" or 11" mattress under the shelf at the foot of the bed when the slide is in.

Thanks in advance
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2015, 07:15 PM   #2

I'll also be interested to hear the results. I have an RV King (72x75) that is 7 years old and needs replacing ... need more support as seems I can feel the bottom plywood. I also think thicker would be better as well if it will fit.
Milehghcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:24 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I put a memory foam topper on my mattress. Instead of replacing the mattress.
I love sleeping on it now.
Sunova37L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:45 PM   #4

[QUOTE=Sunova37L;2522611]I put a memory foam topper on my mattress. Instead of replacing the mattress.
I love sleeping on it now.[

Did that on our current mattress, looking at a 40fdts and it needs a new one, just curious what others are using. Thinking we'll go memory foam just not sure how thick. We're thinking 9-11" should be good!?!?
Old 04-21-2015, 10:52 PM   #5

I have a 40' triple slide and I replaced the mattress with a memory foam. I put in as thick as one as I could get. The mattress is about 1" thicker than the clearance. I fold the bedspread back a little. When I retract, the mattress goes under the drawer a little bit and compresses fine.
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraig View Post
I have a 40' triple slide and I replaced the mattress with a memory foam. I put in as thick as one as I could get. The mattress is about 1" thicker than the clearance. I fold the bedspread back a little. When I retract, the mattress goes under the drawer a little bit and compresses fine.
Thanks Kraig,

Am correct in assuming that you bought a regular house size mattress rather than an RV mattress?

This mattress shopping is a real PITA, it's worse than going to Lowes and buying a light bulb

Terry
Old 04-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #7

We bought the best Beautyrest standard queen size matress we could find, actually the same make and model as the king we have at home, and absolutely love it. The queen size was an exact match for size with the exception of being much thicker. I would assume a standard king size would also fit your bed frame, but it would be best to check your measurements. The OEM matress from WRV was not exactly a quality product.
Birddog Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:54 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
We are replacing ours with an I Comfort. We have one our home and love it. Ours will fit undervanity.
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:01 AM   #9

I used a queen size house mattress and it less money than rv mattress.

I think I got it at Costco. I use two of the same in my house also for 5 years and both are great.
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:25 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
We weren't sure what we wanted in the coach. We bought a foam mattress at Costco for the return privilege. It is very comfortable except when you get in the coach on a freezing day, drive a few hours and stop. Damn the foam can be cold. Now we start the electric blanket to help warm the bed. The other drawback is lifting the bed to access the engine. It is very heavy, but I haven't added any pneumatic struts.

It has been in the coach about ten years....two full time, and still very comfortable. Patty likes the foam better than the Select Comfort at home, I like the Select Comfort a bit more. Maybe because I am a 100.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:01 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We purchased a queen size Eurotop mattress from this company. We furnished the measurements and the style we wanted and it fits perfectly.

RV Mattresses

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:43 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Our's has a olympic queen in it, and we replaced it with an 8" Brentwood memory foam.
Amazon.com - Brentwood 8" HD Memory Foam Mattress - 100% Made in USA - CertiPur Foam - 25-Year Warranty, All-Natural Wool Sleep Surface and Bamboo Cover, Olympic Queen Size 66 x 80 x 8 -
We love it. So much we ordered a second one for home. We have a very expensive conventional mattress at home that is about 3 years old - but were getting much better sleep on the 8" mattress in the coach. Far fewer aches and pains. One of the best improvements we have made to the coach.
Jeeper64060 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement