Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2017, 08:52 AM   #15

This is one of those interesting threads.

I obviously have the 2 piece windshield, the two MHs I had before the Alpine both had 2 piece. I never notice the divider in the middle. I don't see the wipers sitting beside the post, now that they're adjusted the same, it just isn't an issue in my case. I have no idea why they don't bother me and other people find them so distracting. I also figure it's cheaper to replace half a glass than to replace the one piece. Just one of those interesting human nature quirks.

Now, if we were talking about the driver's seat being about an inch to the left of center, that bugs me!!

That said, I have kicked around the idea of changing out the patio side window to the newer giant windows without the divider post. I haven't measured or anything, not even sure it will work. That's something I may look into in the future.

Keep us posted, Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
There is something about the view out a one piece windshield. Also the cost of a one piece is significantly more.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:59 PM   #17

My brother has a one piece in his 2008 Alpine. If I remember correctly, he bought the unit with a crack in it. Changed it out and cracked the new one the first time he went offroad with it. Learned his lesson and lives with the cracked one now.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:49 PM   #18

I've had the one piece in our coach since new. Got a spider ding when it was maybe 2 years old. I had it professionally glued instead of replacing the glass due to vagaries of the replacement getting done smoothly.
No issues w/cracks or bad fit. I only take if offroading occasionally. Speed bumps in parking lots however... wife better be buckled in.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:49 PM   #19

Now we know what happened to Anne's arm! Speed bump!!
Old 05-11-2017, 01:37 PM   #20

Just had our driver side windshield "cut and filled" at RV Glass Solutions in Coburg. The process involves removing as much of the old urethane as possible and replacing it with new. Ours has become dry and chalky to the touch, leading to a few slow leaky spots on the top. It took 2 hours of labor and 3 tubes is urethane. They recommend the coach sit for 4 hours afterward so we elected to stay overnight.

Three hours on the freeway this morning in a steady, light to moderate rain proved the work to be a success.

While there I asked the technician about converting to a one piece windshield. He cringed and shook his head, then proceeded to tell me about a customer who had converted a one piece into a two piece. Whenever he needs to replace one side he gets to purchase a one piece windshield, pay to have it cut in half and then have it installed.

It's good to have choices. Even better if we can afford them.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote