Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Replacing the Advantium 120 ~ venting issues.

What microwave have you replaced the Advantium 120 with and did you have to vent it to the outside? Our current microwave vents into the coach and it appears that the new microwaves don't offer this option.

2006 Alpine Apex M-40FDQS #75594
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #2

I have not replaced my Adventism yet.

I have seen a Alpine that used a chrome air intake for a vent. The same style that is on the side of our coaches for the engine. It was rotated 90 degrees from the way it is installed for the engine. Could pose problems with water getting in from heavy rain and side winds.

Hopefully someone with this configuration will chime in.

05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
We stopped in at Amazing Creations yesterday. Bobby says that all the installations he has seen that vent to the outside leak. As a side note, we stopped in at Country Coach to kill some time and discovered that all their coaches have the Advantium 120. They say that they order them from Oldfields in Eugene. We'll be checking with them today.
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Old 04-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #4

Ours is vented to the outside but we have the xtra headroom model & the vent occurs in that xtra 5". The vent is right under the slide topper so water intrusion should be negligible.
For those w/out some headroom above the microwam, the usual configuration is to set the air pattern to recirculate air back to the coach. At least in the past microwams I've seen allow 2 air patterns- upward exhaust & recirculate.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Well I love the Advantium M/W oven, you will find it's the only brand which can really bake, convection and microwave. I don't believe any other brand will do all three. I have used the "bake feature" lots of times for small chickens and turkey's and pizza and it works very will provided you have a good shore power or are running off the genset.

If yours is not working I would replace it with the same thing, as then you don't need too worry about new brackets and clearance issues.

Don't worry about venting as it's not a big deal, don't believe you need to vent it outside, and that would just be another place for water to come in with a strong wind blowing.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Well, I found this one SCA1000HBB by General Electric in Modesto, CA - SCA1000HBB - GE Profile Advantium® 120 Above-the-Cooktop Oven but "Vivian" said they won't ship it. I have to drive to Modesto and pick it up. Huh?
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Old 04-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #7

If it was in Sacramento, I'd pick it up for you & deliver it at the Pendleton rally.
Maybe they'd deliver it to Auburn, CA?
Why are you replacing the microwam? If it quit working, could be the internal fuse.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
This is so wierd. I plugged it in tonight so Janet could heat some pie. It surprisingly did not immediately start the fan and light when I plugged it in. We heated the pie and then I boiled some water and it's working perfectly now. It has me wondering if we have some loose ground lugs somewhere thinking about the issues that Monty has written about?
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Old 04-19-2014, 09:09 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
This goes back to your earlier post.

Having a Self Healing Apex has its benefits. The only problem I can see is you never know how long to wait for the auto fix feature to kick in.
Gary Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Maybe not self healing; haunted. Janet just opened the door, placed a cup of cool coffee in there, closed the door and the fan began to run. She opened and closed the door a couple of times and it quit. GE came out to our home and checked/replaced both door switches and couldn't get it to quit running. He removed the new switches and put the old ones back in and left without charging us.
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Old 04-22-2014, 10:40 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
We have an Electrolux Ikon at home and it can be set up for internal or external venting.

DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent