Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:03 AM   #1

Reset button/red light in HWH pump comparment

Went out to show off MH to friend last night, and the slides wouldn't activate from the sliverleaf panel. (Again)
So I operated them from outside at the control in the pump compartment. There is a red light and pushbutton at the top of the com-
partment, and the light was on, (Ihave noticed this before occasionally) so I pushed the reset, and the light wenr out, but came right back on. Nothing was trying to operate at the time, so I don't understand why it wouldn't stay reset. I assume the switch is supposed to be load sensitive. It seems to control the master solenoid, but I'm not sure...it's such a rats nest of wires in there....... any help?
Dudley Do Right
2006 Alpine Apex 40MDTS

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 02:30 PM   #2

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
I saw this red light many years ago and would press the reset button and just like BFM the light would go out. Never did learn what it meant. I made note of it on a marked up Apex HWH wiring diagram which shows the light and the reset buttons connected to the HWH control box. "Master Warning". You've been warned. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Apex HWH  red warning light.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	135669  

Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:07 AM   #3

Basil;
Thank you, thank you! I've got reams of various wiring schematics, and have prob-
ably seen this drawing before, but just didn't know what I was looking at, or what it meant. Your post unlocked this puzzle, so now I will look for a loose wire, faulty sig-
nal switch, etc. etc. Maybe disable wire to "parking brake switch" if all else fails.
Dudley, 2006 Alpine Apex 40MDTS
Old 08-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #4

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley do-ri View Post
Basil;
Thank you, thank you! I've got reams of various wiring schematics, and have prob-
ably seen this drawing before, but just didn't know what I was looking at, or what it meant. Your post unlocked this puzzle, so now I will look for a loose wire, faulty sig-
nal switch, etc. etc. Maybe disable wire to "parking brake switch" if all else fails.
Dudley, 2006 Alpine Apex 40MDTS
Your red light is still a mystery. Saw it, reset and it went out. Never saw a problem when it was on so never figured out why it was on.

As I understand it, the wire to the "parking brake switch" is an interlock that prevents the HWH pump from coming on when the parking brake is not engaged so jacks don't come down or rooms/Smart-Beds don't go out when your are merrily driving down the road. Assume all Alpines have this feature in some form. I wouldn't mess with it.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:08 PM   #5

I notice a pin-out for the HWH box CN10 connector on the Alpine website tech section that shows the red light, reset button wiring. I would call HWH about what the red light is warning you about.
http://www.alpinecoachassociation.co...%20Pinouts.pdf
Old 08-17-2016, 11:31 PM   #6

HWH released WRV drawings for the Apex 2000 HWH model this year you can down load from their website now.
2007 Apex MDTS (425 hp) #75723
2007 Toyota 4-Runner
2014 Ram Laramie 3500
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:46 AM   #7

Can anyone tell me where the parking brake switch is located on the 07 apex?

40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, light