Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
fep

I am pleasantly overwhelmed with the reponse from the Alpine Community about my being robbed at a KOA in Forsyth, Ga. For the record, my door and all my windows were closed and locked with the exception that my Drivers' window was closed but not locked.I had opened it while docking, but afterwards had neglected to lock it. I immediately called KOA and finally got to someone who said they would register it as a "complaint" that would be presented to the owner during their "next" inspection at the franchise location. The owner would not return my call. I Emailed KOA Customer Relations and got no response. When I return home I'll write letters to FMCA and Good Sam, and I only hope they have the courage to publish. According to the Police Investigator, "This isn't the first time this has happened".Obviously, this is not a place to include in your itinerary. Anyway, thank you all for your concerns and comments.FEP

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
fep

I am pleasantly overwhelmed with the reponse from the Alpine Community about my being robbed at a KOA in Forsyth, Ga. For the record, my door and all my windows were closed and locked with the exception that my Drivers' window was closed but not locked.I had opened it while docking, but afterwards had neglected to lock it. I immediately called KOA and finally got to someone who said they would register it as a "complaint" that would be presented to the owner during their "next" inspection at the franchise location. The owner would not return my call. I Emailed KOA Customer Relations and got no response. When I return home I'll write letters to FMCA and Good Sam, and I only hope they have the courage to publish. According to the Police Investigator, "This isn't the first time this has happened".Obviously, this is not a place to include in your itinerary. Anyway, thank you all for your concerns and comments.FEP

Old 02-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #3

fep,
I'm sure you read my posts to KOA, Inc. After not hearing from them within their 48 hour window, I emailed them again. Finally, their representaqtive sent the following:
Dear Gary:

Thank you for contacting KOA, Inc. I do apologize for not getting to
you email sooner. I want you to know that KOA, Inc. is aware of the
situation that is being reported in the attachment you sent us. We do
thank you for your concern regarding this matter. If I can be of any
further assistance, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Kathy Bell
Kamper Services Representative
Kampgrounds of America, Inc.
Great people. Great camping.
406-248-7444

I do not know if this person's name will be helpful to you in trying KOA again. Their non-response is underwhelming!

and Starlight (January 20, 2000 - March 17, 2009)
Gary M. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 04:08 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thank you for contacting KOA, Inc. I do apologize for not getting to you email sooner. I want you to know that KOA, Inc. is aware of the situation that is being reported in the attachment you sent us. We do thank you for your concern regarding this matter. If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A rather shallow response to such a serious issue.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:40 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Isn't it great . . . in a world of cut-and-paste and auto-response e-mail, you can get the response which leaves you feeling nobody really cares without having to even talk to anyone! Bonus
Old 02-25-2007, 06:04 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Part of it is the legal exposure in our litigious society - nobody will say anything that might be construed later as an admission of responsibility or an opinion that somebody did not do an adequate job. Sad.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:40 AM   #7

How true!

Automobile manufacturers have been sued and now pass on the cost to the consumer. Fast food restaurants have been sued and now pass on the cost to the consumer. Hospitals have been sued and now pass on the cost. The list is endless. Health care costs rise due in a large part to rising insurance and litigation costs. Some doctors have even started practing without insurance!

All because of Frivilous Lawsuits

And not just the costs that are passed down to all of us but as this incident shows, lots of business need to contact legal before answering complaints to make sure their response doesn't elicit a lawsuit!

Its become a necessity now to place limits on monetary amounts that can won in most lawsuits
not to mention censure and fines for those bringing Frivilous Lawsuits to court!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RV Roamer:
Part of it is the legal exposure in our litigious society - nobody will say anything that might be construed later as an admission of responsibility or an opinion that somebody did not do an adequate job. Sad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Joanie, don't you think those limitations could open another Pandoras box ?
The real cure for all this stupid litigation would be to shot the lawyers.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:42 PM   #9

Hi,

As for shooting lawyers...

This is my personal opinion and in no way am I endorsing or soliciting nor condoning the shooting of anyone nor what am I saying is to be considered an offer to commit such an unlawful act. I consider this statement by myself to be satirical in nature and in no way am I stating that this is fact.

Now with all that said.
Did I miss anything??

Howard K. Stern should be at the top of the list of attorneys to be shot for his actions to keep a father from seeing his rightful daughter.

Like I said. I am kidding

Please Don't shoot anyone..

IronRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:47 PM   #10

The lawyers only respond to the peoples request.
When you have your turn to litigate just say no! For some reason when we have our chance to profit from others mistakes we are only to happy to jump on the sue wagon. It is sickening what we justify when money is involved, SHAME
Old 02-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
Watching the onflux of TV ads from law firms searching out the litigative types with " have you stubbed a toe, did you burn your tongue on a hot coffee" ??? You need us to get you everything you are entitled too. Call Dewey, Cheatum and Howe Attorneys at Law for your free consultation, you only pay when we win!?!?

I wonder why its a litigation crazey sociaty??? It just gets my britchs in a bunch

Not to mention the the Laws these guys inact once elected to political office. If it weren't for the lawyers, we wouldn't need lawyers

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Phew! I didn't mean to start a lawyer-bashing contest. Honest!

Let's remember the subject of this thread and get back to plain old KOA bashing, OK?
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #13

To paraphrase a famous person, "All publicity is good publicity, just spell my name (KOA?) correctly." Hmmm, I wonder....

and Starlight (January 20, 2000 - March 17, 2009)
Gary M. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:10 AM   #14

How do you know Howard K. Stern isn't the real father?

At least four men are claiming to have fathered the child, including Larry Birkhead, Smith's ex-lover and personal photographer, and Howard K. Stern, her longtime partner and attorney.

Do you know something everyone else doesn't??

In addtion I heard, somehwere, that Anna Nicole Smith had her late billionaire husband's sperm frozen.

The plot thickens!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IronRick:
Hi,

As for shooting lawyers...

This is my personal opinion and in no way am I endorsing or soliciting nor condoning the shooting of anyone nor what am I saying is to be considered an offer to commit such an unlawful act. I consider this statement by myself to be satirical in nature and in no way am I stating that this is fact.

Now with all that said.
Did I miss anything??

Howard K. Stern should be at the top of the list of attorneys to be shot for his actions to keep a father from seeing his rightful daughter.

Like I said. I am kidding

Please Don't shoot anyone.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote