Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:26 AM   #1

I was wondering if anyone has an opinion between Good Sam's emergency road service or Coach-net's RV technical & roadside assistance. I have had both and I think at times I have had both at the same time. They both appear to be roughly the same type of coverage. I would appreciate anyones opinions.

Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2007, 07:26 AM   #2

I was wondering if anyone has an opinion between Good Sam's emergency road service or Coach-net's RV technical & roadside assistance. I have had both and I think at times I have had both at the same time. They both appear to be roughly the same type of coverage. I would appreciate anyones opinions.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #3

Have you looked at AAA's Plus RV?
Old 12-30-2007, 05:08 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
I have suffered through the Good Sam's road service and had to cancel them in the middle of a Memorial Day weekend. I've had nothing but the best service from Coach-Net, for over the last 3 yrs. They are the best, in my humble opinion. I have tried them all. Just my humble opinion.

Jim Eddy
Old 12-31-2007, 05:44 AM   #5

Thank you for your responses and Clark, I have not looked into AAA's Plus RV but I will do so.

Ted Ulmer
Old 12-31-2007, 08:57 AM   #6

Ted,

Our experience with AAA was dismal. We had a flat on a 30' Lazy Daze. After describing the coach, we were sent out a person with alittle mini-Ford pickup that didn't even have a jack that would lift the motor home. I canceled as soon as we got home.

We had Good Sam for years and used them several times, all successfully. Now we have Coach Net (and haven't had to use them) because I liked the idea of getting a "person" to talk to for possible help. Now, I understand that Good Sam offers the same service. As for now, we will still stick with Coach Net.

Bev
Old 12-31-2007, 09:54 AM   #7

Bev, I do believe that your names are posted on some sort of a motorhome blacklist.
I hope you have a great New Year and for tonight and tomorrow, I would stay home. Just a suggestion.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #8

Ted III,

On the contrary,if you knew the list of the times we had trouble at the "best possible" times and in the "best" of places, you would think we had a personal travel saint working overtime just for us!

And we did have a very peaceful New Year "at home." Nobody has even shot firecrackers within hearing distance of us. We have just sat around and enjoyed the warmth of our soapstone stove.

Happy New Year to all!

Bev and Bud
Old 01-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #9

Bud & Beverly, possibly the New year will not require the traveling saint which would certainly make it a very happy new year for the two of you. You both certainly deserve it. As you did we sat around and enjoyed our gas fired fireplace. Have never seen a soapstone stove. That is another reason to stop in.

Happy New Year to all.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #10

Ted and Carol,

By all means, welcome. The soapstone stove is made in Vermont. They are wonderful--puts out even heat for hours and hours.

Bev