Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2016, 01:22 PM   #15

I mention the fact that my calipers are 2 pin calipers but I would think that the rotors are the same. I put the numbers for the 2 pin calipers in for anyone who may have to have a brake job done on their earlier Alpines
Geoff
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2016, 03:17 PM   #16

Ref my earlier input, I was trying to clarify the differences for the OP between the earlier Alpines with 2-piston calipers and 31k suspensions vs 4-piston caliper and 33k suspensions on newer models [like his][different suspension--probably means different parts]. Unfortunately, the OP thought I was trying to sell him calipers or something. Hopefully, the repair shop will be able to sort this all out at NAPA. Frankly, I'd be a bit concerned about a shop that can't seem to find a source for fairly common, heavy duty truck parts......
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:56 PM   #17

Rotors for 2000 & 2007 may be the same but I suspect not. 2000 is the 2-piston Bendix brake, 2007 is the Meritor Quadraulic 4 piston.

I'm also suspicious (for full disclosure its in my nature) about replacing vs turning rotors. Unless the rotors are cracked thru to the outside edge, the mfgr of the brake system recommends turning until the thickness limit is reached which limit is practically impossible to reach on an '07. Bluing is not a reason to replace either.

I checked my notes and have none on brake rotors for 4-piston.
For brake pads, a set of 4 for one axle is P/N D769AM
Old 12-06-2016, 02:58 PM   #18

Thanks Mike. It's at TransWest in Denver so we'll pass this along to them. It will be going back to TMS for the batteries. My husband thinks there may be an issue with the battery Boost button draining the batteries. They will test that theory when it gets back to TMS. Ugh! This is getting frustrating!!
ladytj1754 is offline   Reply With Quote