Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2008, 05:47 AM   #1

Yesterday I set the Xantrax system clock back using the Remote Control Panel. Everything Ok - generator autostart in Automatic. The coach is connected to AC but unattended.

This morning the generator started and ran for about 20 minutes which I assumed was the "exercise cycle". I went to check it later and there was no display on the LCD panel. The LED lights on the left of the panel indicated AC present which was correct. I tried the red "SYS" button and shut it off and then restarted. The inverter works when I disconnect the AC and the charger indicates it is working by the light on the RS2000. There was a fault light on the RS2000. I reset it at the unit and the fault light went away. All indications seem ok but no Remote Control Panel display data. It has some brightness but no data. Any thoughts?
Wil Rathke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2008, 05:47 AM   #2

Yesterday I set the Xantrax system clock back using the Remote Control Panel. Everything Ok - generator autostart in Automatic. The coach is connected to AC but unattended.

This morning the generator started and ran for about 20 minutes which I assumed was the "exercise cycle". I went to check it later and there was no display on the LCD panel. The LED lights on the left of the panel indicated AC present which was correct. I tried the red "SYS" button and shut it off and then restarted. The inverter works when I disconnect the AC and the charger indicates it is working by the light on the RS2000. There was a fault light on the RS2000. I reset it at the unit and the fault light went away. All indications seem ok but no Remote Control Panel display data. It has some brightness but no data. Any thoughts?
Old 11-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Will,

I had a problem with my Xantrax panel a few days ago that was quite different from yours but the Troubleshooting Guide in the Owners Manual provided the right info. It told me to unplug the phone wire cable from the panel to the inverter for 30 seconds and plug it back in. I did this at the inverter end of the cable since the inverter is right at the foot of the bed under the bedroom TV.

What an easy fix that turned out to be!

Give that a try and I hope it works out for you as well as it did for me!
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #4

You're lucky. Our panel actually went bad -- no LCD display. Happened when the DW went to turn off the gen from the panel.

Contacted Xantrex who told us that never happens and since we had already gone the route of unplugging/replugging AND disconnecting the 2000 from the batteries and then reconnecting it must be a cable. And since we were out of warranty they woudl be happy to sell us a new panel.

We went as far as buying a new cable and actually connecting it directly between the 2000 & the panel outside so that there could be no question as to anything in-between (existing cable). Still no joy.

Ended up buying a new panel (it was actually cheaper directly from CC) and it worked from the time we plugged it in.

Afterwards I took the old one apart and there wasn't any obvious problem like a leaky capacitor, burned circuit, bad solder, etc. I even tried cleaning the contacts (connectror to the board) and then re-connecting but it was still dead.

BTW, I have tried 3 times (the panel and a prior problem with the 2000 as well as a question) to deal with Xantrex and have never had a good experience. They are also very slow at responding to electronic support requests.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:18 AM   #5

Thanks for the input.

After looking closer at the System Control Panel I noticed that the display text was present but very dim and most of time blank. When it was somewhat present, I increased the brightness and contrast with no results. And I checked all Xanbus connections by removing and reconnecting of flexing them. I disconnected the panel and reconnected it at the RS2000 with only the short cable and had the same results. The "Network" light on the RS2000 is green which indicates that it is active and the Fault light is not lit. I will try to contact the factory today for support.

Techie - where did you purchase your panel? Who is "CC"??
Old 11-04-2008, 12:46 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Wil, the back light in the display is probably bad. I had this happen to a laptop screen. CC is probably Country Coach.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:50 AM   #7

Sorry -- CC is Country Coach.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #8

Now why didn't I think of that - CC = Country Coach. DDDAAAAA!

The current state is - yesterday when I went to call Xantrex customer support, the display was normal. I called them anyway and discussed the possible fault and the consensus was that the SCP was on its last leg. They sold me one for a 30% discount - $175.

Thanks for all your help!!!