Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #1

I have had my RV for about a year. A friend noticed my tail lights were out the other night. I cannot for the life of me find the fuse panel for them. Can someone give me a hint?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #2

I'm assuming you have an Alpine Coach and based on the paint job in the thumbnail photo that it is around an 03 or later (in future you can modify your "signature" in your profile to include pertinent info on your rig so it will appear automatically).
I know of 5 fuse panel locations in the later model Alpines:
1) under dash behind panel in front of & above steps,
2) under driver on left of console (on mine this has only four 3A fuses for the roller shades),
3) in a fuse block next to the 110V breaker panel (in mine that's in toilet room behind panel near floor), for 40 feeters it may be in hallway?);
4) in basement for basement lights & utilities (in SE or Apex models that is in holding tank bay; I forget where it was in our 06); and
5) above batteries on back wall of batt compartment.
By process of elimination & assuming your's is sufficiently similar to mine, that fuse should be in the front panel area above steps. Hope this helps. p.s. panel is held at least partly in place w/Velcro.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #3

Thanks for the tip. I'll look this weekend and visit next week.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #4

If it is a 04 or later, then the Vansco boxes handle the tail lights and no fuses are used.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #5

OK, you caught me. I lied like a filthy dog in the dirt.
What I was remembering as a fuse panel in front of passenger seat is a "Switched" terminal block, but no fuses.

According to the Vansco I/O schematic under "Chassis" on the ACA Techwebsite, pressing the brake pedal should light either or both of #8 & 24 Input LEDs on the front Vansco 2850 (also under the plastic panel in front of passenger seat & below dash), and LED 12 on rear Vansco 2850 (in batt compartment). From there, one of the rear Vansco output wires would carry 12Vdc to the brake lamp sockets.

I had trouble w/one of my rear brake assemblies accumulating water on our 06; have you checked the bulb sockets for corrosion?
Old 01-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #6

On my 04 there is a auto reset breaker in the battery compartment. I discovered this after connecting my car trailer and the draw was to much. The lights would burn for 30 seconds then out for about the same amount of time.
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:45 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks MS!

That answers the question why my brake lights didn't work one day after plugging in my toad and then worked the next day. I didn't even think about an auto-reset fuse. I just know I could not find any blown blade fuses.