Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:48 AM   #1

Satellite hook up issues, interior

I have my Trav'ler installed and working but I'm getting a very low quality picture. I brought the Direct receiver inside and it works right, took a tv out to the MH and the pic is clear. The signal is not getting to the tv, snowy pic, no color, but all the Direct channels work.

I have "Monster" type video cables, red, white and yellow hooked to the receiver, don't know where they go. If I unhook the cables the pic disappears so that appears to be a source for the tv.

I have a video converter, rf modulator, in with the other stuff, it isn't plugged in or hooked up, it does have antenna in and out and av cables. I believe this is only for the antenna, but not sure. Does this need to be in the scheme?

I don't really understand the how the SRS box comes into play. Also the VCR is in the scheme controlling volume and surround sound.

I'm thinking my next step will be to remove the metal cage(?) surrounding the tv and try to see where everything goes. Maybe even start over.

I have no schematics for the system and the PO didn't have things labeled.

Can anybody see anything obvious that I might be overlooking or too dumb to understand??

Thanks again, Terry

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
If it were me, I'd be calling Bobby and Scott at Amazing Creations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10511640_10204211868645227_3971777425400733566_o.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	93375  

2006 Alpine Apex M-40FDQS #75594
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet and Todd View Post
If it were me, I'd be calling Bobby and Scott at Amazing Creations.
Mine looks a lot like that so I must be on the right track. Theyre a long way from So Cal.
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:36 PM   #4

Did you disconnect the cable from the MH TV and connect it to the TV that got the good picture? IF so the problem is in the MH TV, if not the problem is at the source cable.
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Yes they are but Bobby could tell you the color scheme WRV used to mark the coax plus some other handy tips if you phoned him. When he started dismantling ours, he knew just be looking that someone had been messing with the wiring before he got in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bobby.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	93378  
2006 Alpine Apex M-40FDQS #75594
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Bear View Post
Did you disconnect the cable from the MH TV and connect it to the TV that got the good picture? IF so the problem is in the MH TV, if not the problem is at the source cable.
All is well at the receiver output, I drug a spare tv out and hooked it up. The problem is between the Direct output and the tv. I'm sure I have a routing problem because the pic is so bad on the MH tv. I don't know how the old set up was connected from the original sat receiver to the tv or vcr or!!!!

Do you know if the original sat receiver was connected to the tv via coax, hdmi, av?
Old 05-04-2015, 12:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet and Todd View Post
Yes they are but Bobby could tell you the color scheme WRV used to mark the coax plus some other handy tips if you phoned him. When he started dismantling ours, he knew just be looking that someone had been messing with the wiring before he got in there.
Gotcha, I'll give them a call and see if I can get some info. I'm used to the old, "I can't help without seeing it, bring it in", line.

Thanks!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2015, 02:42 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
If the dish on the house is different than the traveler than you have to go into setup on the receiver and change it to the traveler dish. All dishes are not the same.
JLMunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:36 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Satellite hook up issues, interior

When you say the MH TV are you referring to the original Sharp set that came from WRV? If so it has a DVI input, go get a HDMI to DVI converter plug, I am not sure they are still available, I bought one at Best Buy about 10 years ago (if you cannot find one PM me, I will check to see if it is still around). The red and white pins from the DirectTV receiver are the right and left sound channels. The yellow is the video, that is the lowest quality input you could select. The best quality will come from an HDMI input.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway

DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interior, satellite