Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Some of the things I have been reading on this forum are scaring me.

We bought a new 2006 Alpine Apex about three weeks ago, and so far this experience has been a disaster.

We are scheduled to go to Yakima on Oct. 22 and have been promised they will be waiting to "jump" on our coach and get everthing taken care of.

We were supposed to meet friends in Arizona yesterday and we were going to spend a couple of months there, but thanks to this pile of junk we just bought, we are going to spend an undertimined amout of time at Yakima. That is of course if this coach will hold together long enough to get there.

My wife is afraid to go to sleep in this coach because we have electrical gremlins that come and go at will. One of our electrical outlets works some of the time but not other times.

I could go on and on with this post, but most of you would probably get tired of reading it before you got to the end.

I will be posting more on the subject as time goes on. And I sincerely hope somebody at WRV is reading this. WRV is going to get real tired of us in a short period of time if our problems are not resolved to our satisfaction and in a timely manner. We are not going to put up with poor service, or lengthy time frames waiting to get fixed.

The way we feel at this time, we just wish they would give us a full refund and take this coach back, or have the dealer call of the whole deal and give us our trade in back.

big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #2

Some of the things I have been reading on this forum are scaring me.

We bought a new 2006 Alpine Apex about three weeks ago, and so far this experience has been a disaster.

We are scheduled to go to Yakima on Oct. 22 and have been promised they will be waiting to "jump" on our coach and get everthing taken care of.

We were supposed to meet friends in Arizona yesterday and we were going to spend a couple of months there, but thanks to this pile of junk we just bought, we are going to spend an undertimined amout of time at Yakima. That is of course if this coach will hold together long enough to get there.

My wife is afraid to go to sleep in this coach because we have electrical gremlins that come and go at will. One of our electrical outlets works some of the time but not other times.

I could go on and on with this post, but most of you would probably get tired of reading it before you got to the end.

I will be posting more on the subject as time goes on. And I sincerely hope somebody at WRV is reading this. WRV is going to get real tired of us in a short period of time if our problems are not resolved to our satisfaction and in a timely manner. We are not going to put up with poor service, or lengthy time frames waiting to get fixed.

The way we feel at this time, we just wish they would give us a full refund and take this coach back, or have the dealer call of the whole deal and give us our trade in back.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:31 AM   #3

I could not help but respond to your post...you purchased this coach new and it is a 2006--that means that there is already 2 yrs or more into the lot rot factor. (tires etc.)...was this coach properly PDI'ed?...did you reach out to dealer to make adjustments?..regardless WRV had better step up to the plate...I am seriously considering an Alpine DP and if the factory is dropping the ball...Im dropping it off of my short list...Please post what happens and I regret the issues you are having...the electrical might be a GFI or a switch or something...interested on what other items of this coach have haunted you...and I do understand your pain...took over 1 year plus screaming at dealer to adjust current coach...and I ain't done yet.

Safe travels..
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:22 PM   #4

Jim & Sally:

As the owner of a 36' FDS, 1999 model, 75,000 miles, can testify as to the customer service at WRV. Something bad appears to happened with the new ownership and its relationship with the service dept. My odometer quit, which is not part of the speedometer head and the service/parts department refused to help with the replacement part which is not available.
In my search for some sort of solution I also contacted the WRV engineering dept. who also refused to help with the solution. Belive me, you need a working odometer that registers something other than "error", particularly if you're thinking of buying another and selling yours.

I did find a solution, and when telling the service department to "call the dogs off",they asked if I would tell them the solution. What do you think my answer was after working on the problem for 60 days.

Net result is that I have a stock '99 Alpine speedometer and tachometer for sale since "replacements may not be available".

Although I am sold on the Alpine chassis, their service dept, record lately will probably dictate that I go elsewhere when buying another coach.

Geno
Old 10-12-2007, 07:17 PM   #5

Just want to say we have had very good response at the service center the past 2 1/2 years with our 5th wheel and now with our coach. We have been actively involved with the Alpenlite travel club and expect to be involved with the ACA. This activity enabled us to establish relationships with the people at WRV which we feel helps in receiving a favorable response when service is needed. Sometimes it is necessary to help the service develop a work around for the problem. Such was the case with our air horn solenoid. We found a Winnebago solenoid was an adequate replacement with Napa supplying the additional fittings. The parts cost less than $40.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #6

Geno
I just purchased a 1999 Alpine coach in June. New To us. Everythings working but, just in case my odometer fails and tach.would you email what you replaced it with?
Thanks
Dave
Old 10-13-2007, 04:07 AM   #7

I have had 3 occasions to call WRV for help and have been well pleased with their help and willingness to work with me to a solution. Consequently, I'd suspect any problem may be with a single individual; not the entire organization.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:12 AM   #8

[QUOTE]Originally posted by big jimbo:

Just an idea Jim,
There is one outlet and one light that will only work with shore power or the Gen set running.
The outlet behind the passenger seat and the light over the dinning table.

As for the service, well they have been vary nice to me for 2 1/2 years regarding the replacement of my drivers chair. I hope to have resolution VARY SOON!
Good luck at the factory. I am sure you have made a list but you know things will never be 100%. Hope for 85% to 90%. You might need to fix a few things yourself.
Over all my 04-34' has been worth the problems.
Two years old sold new. Try to get the Batterys replaced. They don't last much more than 2 years.
Ask about the bedroom slide hose protective shield, do you have one? if not have them add it.
I love my Alpine lay-out. Motorhomes have problems, my wipers quit two weeks ago but I'll fix it. No big deal.

"The way we feel at this time, we just wish they would give us a full refund and take this coach back, or have the dealer call of the whole deal and give us our trade in back."
If that is truly how you feel, work with them to get the repairs done. Document every step taken, give them a chance and then present your case to the GM. If they do not solve the problems you might have a case?
Again,
Good Luck!
Dan
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #9

Dan & Patty, I hope that you are just having some serious growing pains. We have all gone through a good many of them and we all seem to work them out. Please keep in touch and lets see if we can help you through your dilemmas. The coach is worth the issues.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Jim and Sally,

If you think you have problems...you will feel better after reading this link regarding a 600K+ motor home. One of Bob's problems was that his slide (bedroom I believe) came in all by itself.

Bob's LADB-- an emotional end.....

I am sure you will get most of your problems ironed out at "Camp WRV". I would send them a punch list before you get there
Old 10-13-2007, 08:21 PM   #11

T&P- Great thread on the "high line" London Aire coach by Newmar. How stupid of me not to know there is a place called "Camp Newmar," or that builders of coaches costing twice what ours do can't design an entertainment appliance cooling system, or that purchasing such a coach would require 3 trips in its initial year to the factory for completion of the manufacturing process, or that buyers of much more expensive coaches have all the same troubles w/component failures that we do

Whoda thunk?
Old 10-13-2007, 08:48 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Rebelsbeach, Bob, who owns the London Aire, has the patience of a saint for what he has been through. Before that he had an Essex that he just couldn't get fixed.

My point is these problems happen to other brands too.

That is why we will buy your '08 or '10 when we are ready . Our 2000 has had almost 35K trouble free miles.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:16 PM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave & Colleen:
Geno
I just purchased a 1999 Alpine coach in June. New To us. Everythings working but, just in case my odometer fails and tach.would you email what you replaced it with?
Thanks
Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Take it to Freightliner.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #14

I have sent them a Punch List, but it grows by an item or two every day. We are going to the factory next Monday and plan to stay there until the coach is repaired and working like a new coach should.

Yesterday we arrived home for a couple of days and I stopped in front of the house to disconnect the tow car.

When I got back in the coach to move it, the entire system was dead.

A couple of hours and many phone calls later we discovered that the main ground cable connection at the frame was not even tight. I was able to turn the nut about two turns by hand.

There is more to this story but I do not want to spend the rest of my life at this keyboard.