Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:01 AM   #1

Hi All, we live in Florida where there are no Alpine dealers, that does puzzle us. Anyway we have found a used 2004, 40FDTS and like it very much. We do not know much about them, but again think it is beautiful going for a demo ride in the morning [ July 1st ], should we be looking at anything special. It is expensive and do not want to make a mistake. We would appreciate any help. Thank you. Ray & Sue

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2006, 09:01 AM   #2

Hi All, we live in Florida where there are no Alpine dealers, that does puzzle us. Anyway we have found a used 2004, 40FDTS and like it very much. We do not know much about them, but again think it is beautiful going for a demo ride in the morning [ July 1st ], should we be looking at anything special. It is expensive and do not want to make a mistake. We would appreciate any help. Thank you. Ray & Sue

Old 06-30-2006, 09:17 AM   #3

dear Ray & sue,I would like to share my story with you but I don't type well call me at my office (509) 431-1390.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:09 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Hello and Welcome Ray & Sue:

I am a little bias but I think you will like the Alpine. If you get the last five digits of the serial number WRV, (866) 567-4133 should be able to provide you information regarding the Alpine you are thinking about purchasing including options from the factory.

The Alpine has a lot of systems and you can turn everything on and ask the person selling it to show you everything but if you are like me, I forgot most of it anyway.

You will find that if you have a problem or can not figure out how it works someone on this form will know how. You can also attend one of the many Alpine Rallies with, Alpine Coach Association (ACA) or Alpine Coach East (ACE) and talk to Alpine owners. I wish you good luck on your test drive, you will find it is a great handling coach.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:23 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
FYI There is a rumor that there is now a Florida dealer. You can ask WRV about that as well. Supposedly, the three Alpine dealers that will be at the FMCA pre-rally in August in North Carolina will be Uhlmann (Centralia WA, Guaranty OR, and an un-named Florida dealer. ??

Norm
Old 06-30-2006, 12:52 PM   #6

Our home base is NH and we maintain an RV resort lot at RiverBend in Labell FL (near FT Meyers). It was on a leap of faith that we purchased an 05 FDQS facing the lack of service facilities East of the Mississippi. But truely with the total lack of competence at most dealerships why worry? The brightest hope I see for the future of RVing is the development of the Cummings Coach Care System. The next best hope is an extended service contract through Good Sam CSP and Roadside service. At least you will not be alone.

The mystery FL service and sales was/is (?) Lamesa RV in Tampa they bought the old Conley RV of Tampa and kept two of the service personnel that had worked on Alpines. My two day experience in May 05 was Attitude A+; Warranty work C-; fluids and filters A.

Finnaly when facing the frustrations with my Limited I step back and reflect on the tears, laughs, and headshakes of 11 months of ownership in a Monaco product!!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 06:53 AM   #7

For what its worth--we bought our first coach ever in 2002 (a 2003 40md). Being fist time ownwers, we thought we had done a good job of researching the various brands, but there is nothing like ownership to really sort out the pro and cons. Looking back, Alpine is a pretty good pick--their KISS approach to build coaches limits what can go wrong vs some of the higher-end coaches.
An extended warranty (unless you believe in "self-insured")and a good local repair/ service center will overcome the lack of a local dealer. Ref the forum, all brands are subject to problems and there are some coaches out there that are just lemons from day one! I'd like to know as much history as I could on the coach. The previous owners are either: 1--moving on for reasons not necessarily associated with this coach or 2, they had a really bad experience and are getting away from it. If its #1, you are getting a very enjoyable coach at a reduced price. If its #2, you are likely to be disappointed--regardless of brand name. dean
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #8

Skyguy62,
Do I read into your post correctly that the Monaco was a great deal more trouble?
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:04 AM   #9

Words pale to insignificance when I reflect on the 11 month ordeal (19 warranty visits in 8 states longer than 24hrs.) The absence of quality control was more than matched by the nonavailibility of parts. Monaco had redesigned the 04 Diplomat and pushed a big advertising campaign for empty nesters in the approaching baby boomer group to go full time. Of course they failed to include the caveat that you needed to be able to dedicate the time to visit "Lifts Across America". It was difficult to find a dealer that had room to take another 04 dip in trade. "Never More" Monaco!
Old 07-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #10

Skyguy,

Was that you I met in Southern Utah Sept '04? I had an new '05 40'MD, and you had a fairly new Monaco perhaps lemon in color? I think you had taken a factory tour and made your decision by then.

Ray and Sue,

There are horror stories about all makes, but I have found WRV has stood by thier product, lived up to thier word and helped us a great deal (perhaps with a bit of prodding).

Sully

Sully
Old 07-03-2006, 07:07 AM   #11

Yes, we were hanging around out West while our 05 was being built. We took delivery at the factory in Dec 04. WRV is certainly more responsive than Monaco and the alligators are smaller. We enjoyed the waiting time (at least the West) that we have purchased A lot at Rancho CA(ORA)in Aguanga. A host of good reasons non more important than 8 great Alpine owners for neighbors.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #12
hf

Solo Rvers Club
Are you saying LaMessa is no longer an Alpine Dealer? They dont hold the record for length of time however they lasted almost a year that seems perty long for an alpine dealer. The rating for LaMessa service was generous in my opinion
Old 07-04-2006, 10:01 AM   #13

I agree with hf. The rating of C- for LaMesa in Fl for service is generous, in our opinion.

Beverly and Buddy