Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2007, 12:01 PM   #1

I have reviewed previous threads on this subject but haven't seen the answers I'm looking for. Current lever type in my '05 36MDDS is lethal when bumped into. Don't care for the scalding I get. How do you access the back of the plumbing on [B]this model? I know the common wall kitchen cabinets are different on each model. Remove mirrors? Slide in or out? Which exact model of Moen or Delta have people used with success? I'm taking my coach in next week for some service and repairs and thought now is the time to make the swap.

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2007, 12:01 PM   #2

I have reviewed previous threads on this subject but haven't seen the answers I'm looking for. Current lever type in my '05 36MDDS is lethal when bumped into. Don't care for the scalding I get. How do you access the back of the plumbing on [B]this model? I know the common wall kitchen cabinets are different on each model. Remove mirrors? Slide in or out? Which exact model of Moen or Delta have people used with success? I'm taking my coach in next week for some service and repairs and thought now is the time to make the swap.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2007, 05:34 PM   #3

Rick,

The Moen Posi Temp shower faucet control is the one that I had installed at the factory as a special option. My wife and I love it, since it addresses all the issues that you and others observed with the factory standard. See this IRV2 link for info on retrofiting a coach. Moen Posi Temp retrofit
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:25 AM   #4

Thanks Dale- I pulled up that thread and then went on to the Moen website to look at their posi temp shower controls. What mystifies me is that they all appear to have a lever control, not the dial control I remember being on Moen's of old. Wouldn't this produce the same problem if one accidently bumps the lever?
Is there a model with dial control that I'm not finding on their site?

Thanks,
Old 05-31-2007, 07:47 PM   #5

Rick,

There are lots of different Moen Posi Temp models. Some have a lever control and some have a dial control. See this link for a dial control model:
Moen Posi Temp dial control model
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:50 AM   #6

Dale- That's exactly what I had in mind. Thanks a bunch!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:54 AM   #7
TGF

Dale, Rick: Model listed is chrome.!!
Is there a model to match the brushed satin look for my 2007?. Also, what controls the water voluum? Thanks for any and all imput>TGF
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #8

I picked up a Moen shower control at Lowe's today, and I'm dropping the coach off tomorrow to have some maintenance/repairs done. I'm going to have them install the unit. I'm giving them a copy of the thread with instructions on how to do so. I checked the area behind the third mirror panel on the kitchen rear wall with a light and a tape measure- it looks like there is a straight shot (with the slide closed) from the opening behind the mirror to the plumbing of the shower control- just like the forum thread said! The Moen unit I bought is #82681, which is a posi-temp unit and includes a shower head which I won't be using. Cost is about $75. It is chrome, but I have been told you can get it in other finishes if you are willing to order it and wait. The chrome won't be a match for the rest of the fixture(s), but I'm not that fussy about a control in the shower which I don't have to see but once or twice a day. Pull up Moen on the internet and specifically search Moen posi-temp dial control model just like Dale suggested above. I'll report back after it is installed this week. Can't wait to take a "scald-proof" shower!
Old 06-18-2007, 05:04 AM   #9

I picked up the coach last Friday, and I now have a newly installed Moen shower control. The chrome surround plate is only noticeable if you are looking for it, otherwise the chome finish looks like everything else. I was charged 4 hours labor, and the installation went just like explained in a previous thread. Mirror did not break, so even that is just like explained...or I'm just lucky. Anyhow, it is a conversion I would highly recommend. The only other note is that the shower control is part of a kit, and of course I had no use for the shower head, as ours is the "hang-up" style, but I'm sure I can use a good Moen shower head somewhere in my home.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:19 AM   #10
TGF

Access to my shower head of 2007 MDTS 36ft,How do we get access and remove head!! Thanks to all>TTG
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:22 AM   #11

There was a hole behind the third mirror in from the end of the counter to access the shower control (by removing the mirror with a heat gun/hair dryer with the slide closed), so maybe the shower head hose attachment is accessible the same way in the overhead cabinet? Just a guess. Good luck.