Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #1

Re: 2005 Alpine Limited 40' triple slide

Currently have water leakage after using the shower,with water seeping under the metal strip along the bottom of the shower on the sink side, mostly at the bottom of the metal strip parallel to the door opening. I have tried using silicone sealer with no real success. Does anyone have any suggestions or know the manufacturer of the shower enclosure?

Vic Egg

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #2

Re: 2005 Alpine Limited 40' triple slide

Currently have water leakage after using the shower,with water seeping under the metal strip along the bottom of the shower on the sink side, mostly at the bottom of the metal strip parallel to the door opening. I have tried using silicone sealer with no real success. Does anyone have any suggestions or know the manufacturer of the shower enclosure?

Vic Egg

Old 08-05-2008, 09:30 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Hello & Welcome Vic:

The water leak may actually be higher than the bottom. Water can enter high and not come out until it reaches the bottom. Our 2001 had a leak in the shower and after taking it apart several times with no luck under warranty they applied Silicone all the way up and we have not had a leak since. I hope you are successful in find that pesky leak.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:57 AM   #4

Try the silicone sealer again, but first dry it thouroughly with a hair dryer. Do the bottom edge where the stainless meets the fiberglass and also do where the stainless and the glass meet. That solved my leaks on both sides of the shower. Read the silicone sealer that you are going to use as some are better with fiberglass than others.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:12 AM   #5

I had the same problem on my 02 coach. The only way I could fix the problem was to remove the glass walls, clean all the old silicon off and reinstall the system. This is not a hard job just time consuming.

The tub is designed with a slight inward slope on the top. This allows any water that gets behnd the edge of the glass wall to drain into the tub. If you silicone the inside edge the water has to find a new way out. Mine would alsways find a way out after running down the road. I would find a puddle outside the shower.

When you re-install the glass walls just apply silicon to the outside edged of the walls.

I also found that the bracket that mounts to the wall of the shower for the glass wall to maunt to has an inmside and outside. It is marked on the bracket. One of mine was installed backwards.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:00 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
When we took delivery of our "new" coach (APEX 2007), the shower leaked at the bottom of the panel in the hall, the door, and alongside the sink. I purchased some silicone caulk in a tube, and before I used it, I took some rubbing alchol and cleaned off the surface real good. Wiped that down and then caulked all the joints in the shower. Have not had a leak since.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:00 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Oh forgot, did the inside of the shower and the outside as well.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #8

Chech and make sure that the leak is realy when you are taking a shower. Those years late 05, and 06'S had a problem to the acual shower valve assembly. They didn't properly tighten the connections. Sound easy to fix but the connections are behind the miror in the kitchen by the slide.