Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #15
RHS, you're very welcome.

Ram-Mount's site for the cradle (which has a standard rubber ball enabling lots of mounting accessories) is:

My PC is an older model 1510. Since I modified a Motion Computing cradle, Ram-Mount started making cradles for Fujitsu. The 1610 looks closest to mine and the Fujitsu specs (for the 3 cell battery) below match my dimensions:

Ram-Mount has dimensional drawings for their products, but I couldn't find cradle drawings. Their customer support is pretty good and I think they may have drawings for all cradles, which would help to find a close match.

Look on the site. They also have "universal" laptop tray mounts that may work.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to piece together a good mounting solution. I've used them for all sorts of electronics mounting applications and I really like their stuff.

Good Luck!

2004 Alpine 34 FDDS
Anaheim Hills, CA
Jim&MaryJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #16
Alpine Owners Club
Ted, what kind of problems are you having with Silverleaf? I think the VMSPc configuration is great. Have you logged onto Silverleaf's Web page and discussed your problems with the experts? I think they support the system with real experts trying to resolve any reported problems. You can also download the latest version of the software. I'm operating with Windows XP, I think some people are having problems with Vista, but I'm sure the programmers at Silverleaf are working to resolve all those problems. I hope you resolve the issues you are having, you will have a great system with X-10, Streets & Maps and a working Silverleaf system. RedHot ('02 38FDDS)

RedHotSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #17
Alpine Owners Club
Jim thanks for the info on Ram Mounts. I wondered onto the Web page you suggested and was amazed with the details available. I think you are correct; it looks like they can solve my problems. The have all kinds of neat stuff at that site. Iím trying to think of all the whistle and bell blinking light hardware I can mount up front. I just may make my RV cockpit look like a 747. RedHot (í02 38FDDS)
Old 01-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #18
Alpine Owners Club

When do you have time to actually drive that coach? I'd be so distracted, reading all the outputs, I'd drive right off the road.

I'm starting to move the other way. I'm ditching the built-in GPS and letting the co-pilot use my Google phone's GPS. I'm also simplifying the stereo to use pre-programmed iPod playlists. Lastly I'm letting the cruise control monitor my speed. I just have to keep it aimed right and enjoy the passing scenery.

Of course the Alpine is really a techie's dream and I, too, like to think up new and improved upgrades, so I can only half-heartedly say you'll be distracted with too much gadgetry. I promise my jealousy will remain contained.
2003 Alpine 40FDTS (400HP)
Long Beach, CA
takepride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:36 AM   #19
Alpine Owners Club
But we are driving an Alpine, they practically drive themselves. I couldn't do this in any other coach. Remember, information is key. Also as they teach in driving school (and flight training) scan your instruments, scan your mirrors, and know what your environment is. In reality I hardly look at all the blinking lights. My co-pilot prefers the hard-copy maps and Next-Exit for telling me how I'm doing, and you got to know the best instrument is the co-pilot. Have fun driving the greatest coach on the road. RedHotSoup ('02 38FDDS)