Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
The latest development, the sink has come loose from the countertop. Anyone know what adhesive WRV uses to hold the sink in place?
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
The latest development, the sink has come loose from the countertop. Anyone know what adhesive WRV uses to hold the sink in place?
Old 07-02-2007, 04:22 PM   #3

If the sealant failed, why would you want to use it again???

I'm assuming that you have a solid surface countertop. Go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy a tube of Polyseamseal. This will work on solid surface, plastic laminate, ceramic tile, metal, most any countertop and on most any sink. After many, many years of installing cabinets/countertops and all the various sinks, it is our #1 choice.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Dave, glad you found the forum. Hope it helps you with your ongoing problems. We met at Moss Landing.
Jerry Davis
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:10 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Jerry, thanks. I went to the Dupont Corian web site and they recommended that you use GE Silicon sealer, so I put it back in with liguid nails and GE Silicon sealer. We will see how that works. I spoke to Sam at WRV today and they say that they did not put gas struts on the Hydro hot compartment doors, so if I want to have them I will have to add them myself. He also said the coach was manufactured with a 100 gallon tank, even though the specs say 115.

Well any way, we are off to Wine Country RV Resort tomorrow for a week, maybe I will get some time to work on it while we are there.

Hope to run into you and Judy again some time, I can bring you up to date on the latest in the continuing saga.

Dave
Old 07-03-2007, 05:35 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Dave and Bobbie, welcome to the forum.

I keep thinking about the sink coming loose when we are doing dished and it is full of water Good luck on the repair.

Going to be warm at Wine Country this week . We had a rally there last year . Great place.

We are up at Wishon Village, about 7000', by Shaver Lake if you want to get out of the heat. No vineyards here, only hiking, fishing, and stars you can reach out and touch at night .