Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2015, 11:59 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Slide out cracks

While traveling through Indianapolis in 40' FD we had to follow a construction detour; at the end of the posted detour there was a dip in the temporary roadbase which caused the rear of the coach to whip. When we arrived at our destination, all the clothes in the closet were on the floor and there were cracks in the corners of the side walls surrounding the bedroom slide outs. We are having issues with our insurance claim because they say Alpine has a history of this type of damage due to a manufacturing defect. Has anyone else had this problem?
kayakdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Deb, I have owned our 2005 since 6/2006 as the first owner. Last year we went from Cape Cod, Massachusetts to Alaska and back, a total of 13,000 miles, including the Top Of The World Highway, over 100 miles of us paved road. We have no problems with cracked slides. Additionally I have been an active member of this forum for a lot of years and I have NEVER heard of problems with the slides.

I did have the clothes shaken off the rod one time when we had bad shocks, since I replaced them with Koni's.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:47 PM   #3

Never had any issues with our 03 40ft but over the years, several Alpine owners have reported issues with fiberglass cracks around the corners of the rear slide[s]. Not sure how you address the issue with your insurance company as not all/not many Alpines have ever shown cracks in this manner--manufacturing defect???????
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:37 AM   #4

Sounds like the insurance company knew what they were getting into when they took your premium. I guess they were right. Now they lost the bet and must honor there commitment to cover you and your claim.
If you continue to meet resistance, contact your state insurance comisioner office and ask for guidance.
Good luck.
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:12 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks for all the replies. I'll keep the forum updated.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #6

Yes my 2001 36 MDDS had a crack radiating down from the bottom corners of the bedroom slide due to lack of support. At the time WRV even had a sheet to show how to repair the crack. Saw several others of my vintage with the cracks. You have not posted year of your coach so this may or may not apply.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:36 PM   #7

my '02 has a couple cracks from the slides, not on the slide itself, but on the wall from corner of the slide...my old country coach had these as well
a johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:14 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
My coach is an 02, is the bulletin you refered to still available? I would interested in seeing it. Still waiting on approval from insurance.

Tags
slide, slide out