Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #1

Slides and jacks not working

As I was packing for our DRR-X departure I noticed that the living room slide made an unusual sound as it was extending and then it stopped. The motor seemed to be running at a higher than normal RPM and as if without a load. I checked the HWH fluid and found it low. After topping it off the slide seemed to extend and retract normally. The next day I checked it again and it extended about 1 foot and stopped with the pump motor again running without a load.

I called HWH and the customer service technician suspected that the shuttle valve was defective. He had me remove the short hard “U” link line that connected between the right angle fitting on top of the leveling manifold and the right angle fitting at the shuttle valve and then cap off the fitting on the other end of the shuttle valve. I found that the slides would then operate but of course the jacks would not.

HWH shipped a new shuttle valve which I installed and this fixed the problem. My mechanic friend and I also found a leak at the poppet valve near the shuttle valve which required a new O ring. Working on the HWH equipment was a challenge because of the limited space at the top. We also found a set of flair nut wrenches to be very helpful.
Wil Rathke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
DDR-X ???????
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
DRR-X= Desert Rat Rally 10th anniversary

Best,

ruppr
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Rathke View Post
We also found a set of flair nut wrenches to be very helpful.
I found this to be very useful to open the HWH valves if necessary. The plastic nut driver in the cap stripped, and a regular nut driver was too long. A 1/4' drive deep socket set worked, but this is better.

Shop Greenlee 2-Piece Stubby Nut Driver Set at Lowes.com

Thanks for the info on your problem and the fix. Something for the memory bank.