Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #15

slides

found out my 3 yr old batteries were toast. Napa bats died, no power. Replaced with Trojans.. all ok, thanks for the ideas.
areed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
I guessed right. It was the batteries. Glad you are all fixed up.
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:25 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
Slide out fix

2006 40FD Alpine Limited 3 slides. Had the same problem- slide outs stayed out and jacks would retract but not extend. Heard the pump motor but no movement. Turned out to be a "spindle valve" ~$350 installed.
un-Turned T-valves 4 1/2 turns and manually pushed the slides in with lots of help, especially on the large passenger side slide. Retightened the T-valves to keep the slides in. Then drove to repair shop.
Question- Does anyone know how to retract the large slide out with the basement winch? I couldn't figure out where to attach the strap.
Thanks
Pamdenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:52 AM   #18

....did you say "spindle valve" or "shuttle valve"?????? Shuttle valve failure is a recurring issue with HWH systems....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
Slides not working

Thank you Old Scout for responding.
I'd meant to put a question mark on the sentence after "spindle valve". That's why I posted it because I've looked everywhere for what a "spindle valve" is. That's what the service manager called it and that's what he'd typed into the service order.
Now it makes sense. Thanks again.
Pamdenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Basil, I hope we did not buy that one.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide