Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #1

Slides not working

2002 36 FDDS, Have had the slides out for a while, tried to close it up to no response, just click. Tried to retract jacks, to see if that was the problem, not....got a battery signal on the HWH????? The bats seem to all be charged...any ideas??? All fuses I can find seem to be ok.
areed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Normally, the red battery symbol lights because the main house battery switch is turned off. Did you forget something? Also, the ignition must be in the run or accessory position to energise the HWH panel in the console.
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Pete, I would try starting the engine, and let it run for a few minutes. Eddie Elk.
1998 Pace Arrow Vision 36' w/460, '03 Honda CRV, FMCA #388823, Gateway Getaways RV Club
eddieelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well shoot...sounds as if you may have forgotten to do something. With mine I often "forget" to set the parking brake. Slides and jacks will not work until the brake is set. Then the "Auxiliary" power switch should be in the ON position. An the engine running.

So if all that stuff fails. The HWH unit has all kinds of little LED lights that an tell you what is working or not working. IF you have your HWH manual take a look...or call HWH for help...they will give you some idea of what's up with the HWH. I had a solenoid fail and a hose fail...over time. Currently my HWH unit is "sometimes" very slow to start...I have to work the switch a bunch and then poof it starts working or it works the first time I punch the switch...Weird...like a bug is in the system. Sometimes repairs just are needed.
Good Luck.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #5

Thanks for the info will try all. Hope it works
Old 09-23-2014, 12:10 PM   #6

If I understand your original post correctly, the low battery light is coming on. I would check all connections at the house battery and the relays and motor on the HWH pump. My HWH pump is powered by the house battery bank. The motor and relays ground through mount to the chassis.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:52 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
My HWH works off the engine starting batteries. So do my Smart Beds. So does my keyless entry. Perhaps yours does too? Check your cranking battery voltage.
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #8

Pete - You didn't say if your pump turned on when you depressed the retract switch. So, if you are new to the Alpine you may have forgotten sequence. Key to acc or turned on, emergency brake on, depress HWH "on" button, switch slide switch on, depress retract slide. You probably did all this but it never hurts to try the simple things first.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #9

You may want to remove the 4 screws that hold the HWH panel to the console. Then check the ribbon cable on the backside of the panel. Take the ribbon off, then reattach it. I've had to do that a couple of times until I finally got the console slide to connect properly as it was causing the ribbon cable to come loose.
HAGD,
Alex
Old 09-25-2014, 11:22 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
OK, it really aggravates me a lot when owners of other type rigs offer tips on an alpine when they don't own one, and the procedure is different for every coach with slides and leveler jacks. I believe it is the same for all alpines, you level the coach FIRST, then extend the slides. The reverse is true for stowing the coach for "road ready" status. You retract the slides then STORE the jacks. Starting the engine with the slides extended and jacks down will engage the engine PTO, which will pump up the air bags, and could put the coach in an UNLEVEL condition, PINCHING the slides in their place, and then you may never get them in. RTOM- and follow that procedure for the proper procedure to run the ALPINE Coach, other owners don't have a clue on how it works, or the correct way it should be done.

FWIW-Monaco for instance - extend the slides then level the coach, doing this on an alpine for instance would screw it up so bad, it may tweak the frame possibly, or bend the frame of a slide. Don't move the coach with a slide out further than maybe 2-3" as this could also cause a weight/lean issue.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:33 AM   #11

slides

Thanks old rver...you are right. Hope to get it fixed today
Old 09-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Try turning off all the master shutoff switches, then turn them back on, and put the ignition key in the ACC position, see if this works, it does on mine.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Slides not working

Renipladlo, we used to have the type of rig in our signatures, I guess this new format is better???
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:02 AM   #14

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
[QUOTE=Renipladlo;2244297.............. Don't move the coach with a slide out further than maybe 2-3" as this could also cause a weight/lean issue.[/QUOTE]

At a rally (North Dakota?) I watched WRV drive an Apex around with all 4 slides fully extended. OMG
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide