Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:54 AM   #1

I've now broken my third (and last) plastic latch on the wardrobe door. Somewhere in past posts there was a topic about solutions to this issue. I've been unable to find anyting. Help will be most appreciated.
Thanks

40' 2004 ALPINE COACH FDTS
chris cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2007, 08:54 AM   #2

I've now broken my third (and last) plastic latch on the wardrobe door. Somewhere in past posts there was a topic about solutions to this issue. I've been unable to find anyting. Help will be most appreciated.
Thanks

40' 2004 ALPINE COACH FDTS
chris cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
I can certainly relate to your frustration over those plastic latches! We went through at least 3 sets in our 04...one solution is to do what we did...buy a new rig with the air stops. Okay, so that's kind of extreme. On our 01, we drilled holes in the door track at the bottom and inserted pins (with a small chain attached to keep them handy) to hold the doors shut. When we broke them on our 04 and couldn't replace the latches right away, we used a sturdy piece of round wood, kind of like a broom handle, cut to just a little longer than the length from the side of the closet to the edge of the door, and put rubber tips on each end. That wedged between door and edge of the closet opening isn't pretty, but it keeps the doors closed. That piece of wood just stayed in the coach.

By the way, ACA's SoCal region is coming to your neck of the woods next May. We'll be staying at the Wahweap Campground from May 13 to 20. Would be neat if you guys could join us. If you are interested, just send me a PM and I'll give you the details as we get closer to the time...or watch our SoCal website...www.alpinesocal.com.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #4

We learned not to stress the latch. If you push back on the door a bit when you open and close it, it slides past the latch and doesn't flex the latch at all, or at worst, you only have to pull back on it a tiny bit.
gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:48 PM   #5

Gator is quite correct. If you push the door back you should not have a problem. Trying to flex the plastic latch is near impossible without breaking it. The door has an amazing amount of flex.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote