Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2016, 06:53 PM   #1

Sliding Closet Doors

We hated the looks and the operation of the plastic latch thingies on the sliding mirrored closet doors. They are easy to scrape your arms on, I have old skin and it peels right off, and they are pretty junkie looking. I took ours off and replaced them with a BurglaBar plastic window look.

The BurglaBar glues to the glass with a clear peel and stick adhesive that comes on them, ready for use. The BB is a flip up "L" type plastic device that folds flat so the doors will bypass but will flip up 90* to keep the doors from sliding. It is almost invisible and we mounted it low on the rear/inside door against the frame. Very accessible and out of the way, no more snagged clothes or fileted arm skin and a simple flip to lock the door for travel.

Some of you may have heard of the BB, but I hadn't until I saw it on a family members new Newmar. Wish I had thought of that!! I bought 2 on Amazon for $12. Gotta have a spare!

Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2016, 10:13 PM   #2

Hi Terry

We have one too....works just fine. I thought I found it on the Alpine Forum somewhere but maybe not.

Geoff
Old 02-22-2016, 07:00 AM   #3

We have tried using velcro that works quite well. We put a little at the bottom of each door and some on the wall opposite the door. This has worked for us and saved my arms from a lot of scrapes.

Ralph
Alpine 2005 40 FDQS
Old 02-22-2016, 12:44 PM   #4

After going through three of the original latches I removed the latches and installed the Burglabars (one top and one bottom). After using them for awhile I believe one is sufficient for the job...I often only engage the top one only. They have been in place for about three years and have been fantastic. Highly recommend them.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:09 PM   #5

Dang, I thought I stumbled onto the latest greatest thing to hit motorhoming. Better late than never!
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door