Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:39 AM   #1

Smart bed switch

I nead information on the smart bed switches & remote control the ones that work ! That are sill work today over years! I'm look for best fix .

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Don, when you find out, let me know. Mine don't work either. Looking at yours I thought they would last forever. They looked very waterproof.

2006 Alpine Apex M-40FDQS #75594
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:56 PM   #3

Years ago I did talk to the manufacturer of the not so outside switches. They told me the switches they made for WRV were not weatherproof switches, that is probably one reason they did not hold up well. The manufacturer no longer made them. Aubreys RV had few of them from WRV and they sold out a long time ago. If anybody still have them working, They could seal around the outside of them with silicone. I did that with mine and they still are working.

Basil Shannon who owned an APEX and sold it to someone else on the forum as I remember did find a replacement switch and did replace them. You should be able to do a search on the forum and find his post.
2007 Apex MDTS (425 hp) #75723
2007 Toyota 4-Runner
2014 Ram Laramie 3500
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #4

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraig View Post
Years ago I did talk to the manufacturer of the not so outside switches. They told me the switches they made for WRV were not [U]weatherproof switches[/U], that is probably one reason they did not hold up well. The manufacturer no longer made them. Aubreys RV had few of them from WRV and they sold out a long time ago. If anybody still have them working, They could seal around the outside of them with silicone. I did that with mine and they still are working.

Basil Shannon who owned an APEX and sold it to someone else on the forum as I remember did find a replacement switch and did replace them. You should be able to do a search on the forum and find his post.
I assume the "waterproof switches" are the old touch pads and I am amazed anybody still has some that work. The thread you want is Replace Apex Smart-Bed touch pads with rocker switches
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:55 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
I'd like to do this upgrade because my switches are shot and also I don't want to have happen what the Barbee's had happen. Since the Smart Beds are wired hot, a short of these switches might result in an unintended deployment of the Smart Bed at a most inopportune time. Thanks Basil, I knew it was you.
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Old 03-20-2015, 10:51 PM   #6

How do switch mount to wall of coach ? Do you screws or glued. I had a different type waterproof. Thy failed in rain storm. It was Catastrophe thanks Dom
Old 03-21-2015, 05:43 AM   #7

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Barbee View Post
How do switch mount to wall of coach ? Do you screws or glued. I had a different type waterproof. Thy failed in rain storm. It was Catastrophe thanks Dom
Don, the switches are mounted IN the wall of the coach in a bezel that kind of snaps in if the hole is sized correctly. I did add some silicone around the outside edges. See Replace Apex Smart-Bed touch pads with rocker switches

The 58027-04 SPDT Mom On-Off-Mom On Rocker Switch is "Sealed to IP66 for water resistance.(high pressure wash."
Rocker Switches | Weather-resistant Rocker Switches | Without Pilot Lights58027-04 | Cole Hersee - Littelfuse

We went thru rain storms all over the country and never had any problems with them and don't think Gary & Renee have either. They live in Seattle where it has been known to rain several times a year.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:02 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Search Results | Cole Hersee - Littelfuse

This is the end bezel that the switches snap into.

Don, as far as I know, there was not a wireless, hand held remote control for the Smart Beds. If there is, there would have to be a receiver unit with an antenna somewhere in the coach like there is for the Drain Master.
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Old 03-24-2015, 02:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet and Todd View Post
Search Results | Cole Hersee - Littelfuse

This is the end bezel that the switches snap into.

Don, as far as I know, there was not a wireless, hand held remote control for the Smart Beds. If there is, there would have to be a receiver unit with an antenna somewhere in the coach like there is for the Drain Master.
The prototype Apex used a remote control. Production units no.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:11 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Sure wish I could find two of these. Maybe replace them and then cover with clear film of some sort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5045.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	335.0 KB
ID:	89455   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5047.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	89456  

2014 Honda CRV w/navi