Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
Are the the new beds that you push a button really nice? I could motorize mine but then they would drive right through the outer doors into oblivion. I never did understand how to install the stops so I think I will leave this procedure to Tom & Patty.

Ted & Carol Ulmer
2005 Alpine 34', 34FDDS
2006 PT Turbo pusher
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2009, 08:41 AM   #2
SlimSlider offers motorized units. Nice, but they are expensive enough as is.

Rick Coleman
'05 Alpine 36MDDS
Rick Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
SmartBeds are, IMHO, the best thing to happen to motorhomes since room slides. Wife Annie figured them out @ DRR this last week (I had her bamboozled into thinking they were mysterious), and now she wants her share of space in the basement!!
Never had that problem w/the hinged doors you have to crawl into.
Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
Alpine Owners Club
E-Mike, you might want to talk with Woodinboater about SmartBed allocation. I got to the site too late to meet you but did look at the coaches on display and talked with Rich. Woodenboater and his wife were very gracious in sharing their Alpine story with us. We are still looking.
Raymond, Leda and Lady
Morgan Hill, CA
2003 34' FDDS
Voiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
Country Coach Owners Club
If you think you like smart beds, try to figure out where you are going to put anything that is over about five feet long.

I only owned my 06 Apex for less than a year and the smart beds were already starting to give me trouble.
Jim and Sally & Rufus the Lakeland Terrier
2001, 40' Country Coach Affinity, towing a 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Carson City,NV, Surprise,AZ, Florence,OR
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #6
The long stuff goes in the propane compartment. I put coupling nuts on some bolt end threads by the jack stands & used all-thread hanging down to hold the front edge of a sheet of plywood, then hung the rear edge by chains off the rear side of propane tank. Took some 8' lumber to Mexico last Dec., and again to the DRR to assemble for testing steering, and it rides great.

Once I've emptied the 38 gal. propane tank (with AquaHot, I only have a gas stove & the gas side of fridge while boondocking, so that'll be a while), I'll install a full 3/4" plywood floor like Bob Kapp did on his Apex, and trade the cross-wise (heavy) tank out for a 10 or maybe 5 gallon model, and carry a 2.5 or 5 gallon spare, then load even more junk into that bay just behind the front wheels. I can close it up w/sheet metal between the two tire skirt bulkheads and make it watertight with enclosures around the jacks. Lotta volume there

Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote