Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #15

I have had RV360's on mu coach for 8 years. I find them to be marginally effective. I installed a LiLStanker and have not had any issues since. http://www.lslproducts.net/IL-DSPage.html
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2014, 03:37 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Wayne, the new RV 360's are a vast improvement over the swivel ones. No moving parts. The LiLStanker is an interesting concept in that it provides negative pressure in the tank like the 360's do.
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #17

Yes it does and it can be on 24/7.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:45 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Mel,
Makes sense, but we don't have W/D so just as easy to glue cap in place so not to have a repeat problem. Many others in Alpine group have done same.
Regards,
Old 09-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
The "vacumn breaker valves" on the kitchen and bathroom sinks are what is being discussed. I believe they are bullet proof, so if they work OOTB, they work all the time. Plus, that would only indicate a drain problem on those sinks, not a sewer odor coming into the coach when driving. Some owners report the vent pipes were not hooked up all the way from the tank to the roof, so taking off the vent cover, and shining a light down the pipe will help to determine if your is plumbed correctly. I get a sewer smell sometimes when hooked up to the parks sewer connection, don't know why, it goes away after few minutes, my feeling is parks don't vent their sewer lines enough and cause a pressure build up when someone close to me dumps their tanks. Otherwise my system works fine. You are going to have to check all the connections on your gray and black systems. Do the black side first, since that seems to be the culprit.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renipladlo View Post
The "vacumn breaker valves" on the kitchen and bathroom sinks are what is being discussed. I believe they are bullet proof, so if they work OOTB, they work all the time. Plus, that would only indicate a drain problem on those sinks, not a sewer odor coming into the coach when driving. Some owners report the vent pipes were not hooked up all the way from the tank to the roof, so taking off the vent cover, and shining a light down the pipe will help to determine if your is plumbed correctly. I get a sewer smell sometimes when hooked up to the parks sewer connection, don't know why, it goes away after few minutes, my feeling is parks don't vent their sewer lines enough and cause a pressure build up when someone close to me dumps their tanks. Otherwise my system works fine. You are going to have to check all the connections on your gray and black systems. Do the black side first, since that seems to be the culprit.
We have found that, those fleeting sewer smells in the RV are more often than not due to flushing the toilet when we have either our fantastic fan on in the bathroom or the other fantastic fans on in the rig.

Why? Because the fantastic fans create a under-pressure in the rig (they are pulling air out) so when you "flush" your toilet, once the liquid is out and the drain open, whoosh up comes the, well, smell from your black tank

Above has been verified by testing with Fans off and on. Fan off, no smell. Fan on, hold nose
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:38 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renipladlo View Post
The "vacumn breaker valves" on the kitchen and bathroom sinks are what is being discussed.
Renipladlo
What is being discussed is air admittance valves in the drain system of kitchen and bathroom sinks in some, (but not all), RVs.

Vacumm breakers are NOT used in sewage drain systems... (hey're used in fresh water systems to prevent the contamination of the city water supply).
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
smell