Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Ours has the jack knife type of couch, held down by 4 lag bolts which peridically need to be retightened. I have given serious thought to removing it, and replacing with another Recling chair and then putting in a little office area. We never use the couch unless watching a movie, and we hardly do that. But the BH said no to that idea, so I am soliciting ideas on how to anchor down the couch permanently so I don't have to worry about it coming lose. Several ideas have come to mind, but really need to run them by someone who knows how thick the slide is, because it's secured into it and it looks like a 2" raised pad area.

However, the couch can be unbolted, then laid out flat and then turned sideways and would go out any people door, it would take two people to move it out. We had one friend with a different coach just remove his and leave it outside with a free sign on it, it walked away the same day, then you can shop around for various brands of replacement made from any material you like.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #16
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
Boy am I glad KIX will never be in an accident.
You must have had difficulty in understanding my "tongue-in-cheek" reply.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:19 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
KIX:

Caught it in the first sentence, then lost it in the second. Do two tongues in the same cheek reinforce or disqualify the intent?

I've recently seen this same question in two other forums and am surprised at how many people use unbolted residential furniture. Of course the insurance company would have a fit.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #18

My "recliner" is an Ikea bentwood design, no bolts. After having hydraulic fluid replaced I did some race/brake, race/brake, race/brake exercises to test the stopping power. Pedal full slam to the floor. Chair didn't move enough to worry; kitchen chairs likewise. Tried to lock em up but couldn't. Did rearrange some dishes tho.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:24 PM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
Our chairs are tethered with a nylon strap and buckle. They've never moved, but then again I've never gone from 55 to 0 in less than one second, either. Here's to hoping I never come to a stop that quick.