Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:10 PM   #15
Hey Old Scout;
My wife and I lived aboard and cruised a 40ft. sailboat for fifteen yrs. back in the early 80's thru late 90's, and we used what was then a Heart Interface inverter/chgr. in combination with what was then called a Link 2000. I don't know if Link was a separate company or not, but was marketed along with Heart, which is now Xantrex. The Link system is a marvelous device, which will give you the proper info with which to stay on top of your battery system. We used ours in conjunction with a wing gen. and engine alternator, and used it for the whole time we lived aboard, with never a hiccup.
Dudley Do-Right
2006 Alpine Apex 40MDTS

dudley do-ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2016, 03:21 AM   #16
Alpine Owners Club
Dudley, the Link 2000 actually was the controller for the Heart Inverter as well as a monitor The Link Lite By Zantrex has all the monitoring functions of the 2000 but does not control the inverter. It can determine the amps used by each individual light switch and appliance on your system, by you turning them on and off and watching the read outs. Learning to control electrical usage will make solar panels a better investment and/or save on generator fuel.

Tom & Marilyn Anteau
2009 Alpine 36 MDDS 425hp #75798
Anchorage, AK
Taxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:26 AM   #17
Thanks for all the input on this solar thread. I finally pulled the trigger on a solar system. After a lot of research and a few calls to different solar providers I settled for the Renogy 500 Watt 12 Volt Eclipse Solar Premium Kit (on sale this weekend)

500 Watt 12 Volt Eclipse Solar Premium Kit

I made several calls to Renogy over the past weeks as well to a few other solar providers. They were very helpful. I found many u tube comparisons and the results for Renogy were favorable, also they are local to me and shipping was free. They delivered the kit in 1 day and everything needed for the install was in the kit. As far as pricing, solar seems to be all over the board, but the product seems to be much the same. Some panels produced more output and were priced less than others. ????

I am having the install done. (The DW does not want me on the roof any longer) The install should be fairly straight forward and easy to do. I will post on results when project is finished.
Jim & Vivian
2007 Alpine Apex
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 05:08 PM   #18
Sounds like good decision--will be curious as to how you get the cables from the roof to the basement. Have a resid. fridge so RV fridge vent is not an option. Others when thru roof above the bathroom closet, then down the back closet wall. Please keep us posted on location of controller and routing of wires.

Old Scout
2003 40' MDTS
Garden Ridge, Texas
Old Scout is online now   Reply With Quote

panel, solar, solar panel