Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Splendide Washer Dryer problems

Our washer/dryer unit is filling up with water after use. It seems to work fine but we just found water in it again. Make sense to anyone?

Also, we have two new motor batteries and after being plugged in for three weeks, the coach wouldn't start on those batteries. Had to go to the coach bypass to start it. Make sense to anyone? Also noted that my surround sound is no longer working so could that have drained the batteries? Seems strange to think they are feeding from those batteries, but I'm confused...........................

This coach has been in storage nearly two years and we are delighted that it is really performing so well. Had Redlands Trucking redo the roofing coat, fix a jack hydraulic leak but otherwise, this baby is doing great. Yeah!!! And kudos to Redlands Trucking. They were great.

This is an 02, 40 ft, triple slide. Appreciate your input!

Pam and Bud Johnson
pamelashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You can contact Splendide at 1-800-356-0766 they will help you.

Unless you disconnect the batteries just the transient drain by computer modules, clocks, etc will drain your batteries in 3 weeks or less.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
a k

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds like water valve is leaking by. Can you hear water running in it? Is your grey tank also filling up?
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Ours did that and we took the cover off of the bottom and opened and cleaned out a little lint; works great after that. There wasn't much in there, just enough to cause a little water to be retained. I would assume that you have something that charges the chassis as well as house batteries on your coach - would check to see what is wrong. If it isn't charging then there are lots of things that will bring the batteries down after three weeks.

Barb
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks so much for the speedy replies! I bet it is cleaning the lint filter as he doesn't do that every time. Will try that. We do not hear water running and the gray tank doesn't seem to be filling quickly, so hoping it is lint.

As far as the batteries, I'm not sure we understand why the chassis batteries would be connected to power to the surround sound. Would have thought it would be powered by the house batteries. When we turn switch off to chassis batteries, preventing what we thought was any drain at all, we lose surround sound. Right now to get surround sound, the engine would have to be started. These are brand new batteries so we know they are good. Hmmmmm.

We are leaving tomorrow for home in Oregon, leaving the Alpine in north Palm Springs, coming back to get it in April, so none of this is urgent. Just trying to understand the mysterious workings of these things.

Thanks again!!!

Pam
Old 01-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #6

If you have a Zantec system, check in the rear battery compartment to see if the number 19 light is lit. This would indicate the trickle charge is reaching the engine batteries when you are plugged in. If not it may be that you need a new solenoid switch. We have had this problem in the past.
Gary & Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #7

Pam & Bud

There is a solenoid between the house batteries & the chassis batteries. When the house batteries are charged it energizes the solenoid allowing charge to go to the chassis batteries. That solenoid could be defective and if so the chassis batteries would not get any charge. The surround sound is something WRV had a mystery patent on for the wiring. The patent was ok just the mystery was that WRV could not remember it. Their entire entertainment setup followed the same patent.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:13 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Pam:

I think Gary is talking about the Vansco system that came on later model coaches (#19 light). Since your coach is pre-Vansco, it will more likely have an Echo Charger that will charge your engine batteries after the house batteries are fully charged. I had the same problem when I bought my coach. I found that a glass tube fuse in the line between the batteries and the Echo Charger was blown. Once fixed, all was fine. Some people found their wires from the Echo Charger to the battery banks were reversed. You can do a search on Echo Charger and find several pointers.

Ted is talking about the solenoid in the battery compartment. There are also several threads on that. Try "Fat Boy" and you'll find several threads relating to this issue. You will also see how to quickly check the solenoid out. There are several pictures, too, to help you identify it.

Your symptoms sound like the Echo Charger.

Yes, the sound system runs off the chassis/engine batteries. That way you are using the same sound system for both the dash radio when traveling and the entertainment system when parked (or moving, too). That was their reasoning. Mine works well, as long as the engine batteries are getting charged. I like it better than the separated system on my old Vectra.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
You guys are awesome!!! Thank you so much for the input, wisdom and expertise. We left the desert last week, thus my late reply, and left the Alpine all buttoned up. Will check all this out when we go to get it in April.

Thanks again,

Pam