Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2014, 02:03 PM   #1

Stop engine no power

Hi, bought a new to me 2008 34 fdds. Was working ok. First long trip 300 miles from nowhere stop engine, ck engine buzzer came on. Limped to side of road. No powere no shifting. Fast forward now at home in barn. Cummings is here and they say that it is a bad throttle senor have it in my hand. Part is 6543212 i;m reading it. Cummings cannot get it i have not found it on the net. It was made by kongsberg. Please help. Engineer mike any thought . Thanks mike jangaard 805 712 3227.
MIKE JANGAAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2014, 03:09 PM   #2

Throttle sensor

I have the same problem with my coach. First time we replace accelerator pedal assembly. That lasted about a month. Then my inverter crashed so we put in a new one and did not have problem with sensor for about six months. I have not found a solution for this problem.
When it does happen stop coach (out of traffic) turn engine off and put in neutral turn ignition to on but don't start and slowly pump accelerator 0-100 % throttle about 4-5 times. Turn key off then start coach. This should reset the sensor or so I was told by Cummins. It has always worked for me.
The down side of it is you never know when that will happen. If you are pulling into traffic and it happens better hope on coming traffic has good brakes.
This is a real problem and we sure need a fix. Good luck
Alpine Road Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #3

This is probably old info: Chuck Peniston, Applications Manager, Pedal Systems, Kongsberg Automotive, Power Product Systems email chuck.peniston@ka-group.com, Office 267-373-9563 , Cell 484-343-3218

Also, I've got this:
Kongsberg (Teleflex)Adjustable Pedals- The following can be checked by reading Pulse Width Modulated signal:
  1. On the Teleflex pedal there is a Packard Electric Metri-Pac 150 Series 6-wire connector w/keeper, with pins labelled A-F. The wires are colored for easier tracing if needed.
    A = APS Signal #1 out to ECU
    B = Ground for Signal 1
    C = APS Supply voltage for reference, 5VDC (presumably Signal 1)
    D = APS Supply voltage for reference, 5VDC (presumably Signal 2)
    E = APS Signal #2 out to ECU
    F = Ground for Signal 2
    What that means is there are two "Signal" circuits w/in the pedal's box above the actual foot pad. Each receives 5VDC on the two indicated wires, grounds to A or F for Signal 1 or 2 respectively, and sends out a Duty Cycle reading of 5VDC on pins B & E for Signal 1 or 2 respectively. They use two signals for the same thing as a redundant check. Usually a pedal position error indicated a difference in the two readings as would be required for them to be in sync. Imagine for example if the APS sent a signal for Wide Open Throttle erroneously w/out any check; that would be bad, hence the built in check.
    Older dumber APS designs were simple rheostats, varying 0-5V on one signal and 5-0V on the other, so the sum had to be 5V.
    On the Teleflex unit:
    Signal 1 should vary from 11% at Idle to 42% at WOT.
    Signal 2 should vary from 22% at Idle to 84% at WOT. So Sig2 should be 2x Sig1. You can have a knowledgeable tech probe for these values to see if the pedal assembly is currently working. A transient might be no 5V reference signal (0V or some other voltage not 5V) on one or both of the middle pins, could be a loose connector, could be a loosely made wire-pin connection on one of the signal sides, could be a loose ground, , could be a poorly made connection on its way to the ECU, etc. So fixing it might not be a matter of swapping out the pedal sensor assembly, those other types of errors should be checked first, but before that I'd recommend the above Idle-to-WOT reading checks.

Tags
power