Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:55 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RVersOnline
Most of us opt to include the "two extra" folding dining room chairs -- and I suspect then have to figure out where to store them. We had this dilemma in our last coach, an Intrigue, and used them so infrequently they ended up in a very hard-to-reach spot in the storage bay where over time the got fairly well scratched up from inattention. Still, we needed them "sometimes". As we're taking delivery of a new '07 LSE FDDS next week, I've been wondering if any other Alpine owners have come up with a clever plan to "store" these extra chairs so they take up minimal useable space, and yet are "protected" from premature aging. This is likely a bigger challenge w/the 34's, even with the new Smart Beds. Thx for any ideas.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2006, 12:55 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RVersOnline
Most of us opt to include the "two extra" folding dining room chairs -- and I suspect then have to figure out where to store them. We had this dilemma in our last coach, an Intrigue, and used them so infrequently they ended up in a very hard-to-reach spot in the storage bay where over time the got fairly well scratched up from inattention. Still, we needed them "sometimes". As we're taking delivery of a new '07 LSE FDDS next week, I've been wondering if any other Alpine owners have come up with a clever plan to "store" these extra chairs so they take up minimal useable space, and yet are "protected" from premature aging. This is likely a bigger challenge w/the 34's, even with the new Smart Beds. Thx for any ideas.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:00 PM   #3

On my previous unit (2000), the folding chairs were always in the way and sold fast at a garage sale!!! I use 2 folding chairs from Costco and store them at the back of the closet opposite the shower (where the washer/dryer would go). They fit perfectly and are attached to the back wall with velcro. They take no usable space but are handy when needed. When I purchased the new unit, it was an option that I did not get.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:17 PM   #4

We store the extra chairs and table leaf under the sofa (a carpeted area), stacked for minimum wood-to-wood contact to minmize scratches.

SO far, so good. We won't give ours up, they're nicely made with matching material.

In our coach -- with guests -- we use the extra chairs against the back mirrored wall, because they (unlike the primary chairs) have cushioned backs helping to protect the mirrors against inadvertent contact in tight quarters.

BTW, in our "search for space", we took measurements of all storage areas (actually took pics and annotated measurements), including obstructions (e.g. drain pipe under sink) and shopped for fitting containers to help organize stuff.

We also moved all spice rack shelves to the upper pantry designating the lower for storage of sink and stove Karadon covers. This opened up more space (right of the sink, made for such Karadon storage) to store cooking pans, etc. Next to this area, also found deep sliding wire baskets helping to use the depth of this area.

Hope that makes sense??!!

Good Luck
Old 09-26-2006, 04:43 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Tom: Not sure if either of these "solutions" will work for you, but Audrey and "John" have their extra chairs and extra mattress tied to their roof ladder, while Ted III keeps his under the sofa cushions to discourage visitors from overstaying.

Norm
Old 09-27-2006, 03:37 AM   #6

Norm, I had totally forgotten about your visit in our motor coach. The pleasing part was how effective our extra chairs were that we located under the sofa cushions. We were concerned that you hadn't noticed.
(NOTE) I am certain that all of you in this forum realize that this is all purely in fun. Unfortunately we have never had the opportunity to meet Norm or most of you other folks, but hopefully one of these days we will. Many of the reasons I believe this forum is so successful is the fact that it is extremely informative with some really very intelligent and helpful responses as well as the kidding that we all enjoy. I find myself looking at this forum first before I look at anything else on the computer, which I spend a great deal of time in.
Norm, I do agree that Audrey & "John's" mattress is still tied to the ladder. It does answer why we seldom ever hear from John as he was on it when Audrey tied it to the ladder.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:14 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Ours are stored on their sides in the space between the table leg and the window. This also gives the cat a perch to look out the window. Not ideal, but I didn't want them in the basement and the closet is full of clothes. Under the sofa is full of pillows, blankets, etc., in vacumn bags. Hadn't thought of putting the chairs there - will have to see if we can do that.
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #8

We ordered two folders instead of the two straight back chairs cuz the folders are more comfortable IOurO, and then have one spare folder bound and gagged under the couch. The second "spare" really isn't. We lay it curb-side of the bed when travelling & set it out w/the table extended when set up. W/the second LR slide, there is plenty of room for the extended table & 3rd chair, and its handier than squeezing into the table/slide space for a quik meal.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #9

When we first got our '03 I was concerned with scratching etc.of the extra chairs, so I purhased one of those "blue" packing blankets at Costco, folded it in half, and then cut that in half. I sewed the raw sided together, forming a "pillow case" type pocket. The chairs fit perfectly in these. To keep the raw edges from fraying I purched quilt type seam binding and sewed that around the raw edges. Chuck put them in the bay on the drivers side.....only problem we never used them so they are home in the garage, along with all the other "stuff" we've bought for the RV and found we never used it! Oh, by the way - we keep a couple cases of wine under the sofa - shame to waste the space on something like chairs!

As for the table extension - we now keep it, wrapped in non skid shelf liner, beside the bed on the curb side. Slides right in there. We used to keep it under the mattress...pain in the neck to get it out though.

Oh, if you come to our rig - bring your own chair if you want to sit at the table!! ha ha

Sure enjoy this form....fun and informative.

dj

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Donna & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote