Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #1

We went down to the desert to stay in the coach for a couple of days and in my arrival walk-around I noticed a piece of steel, approximately 2" wide x 3' long x 1/8" thick, hanging below the utility (sewer/water) hook-up compartment. One end was laying on the ground, and the other was barely attached to the coach. I touched it and it fell off! I'm guessing it fit at the lower-outer lip of the compartment to give it strength, and it appears to have been glued on with very little glue/epoxy. That area is now kind of flimsy and I don't think I'll be leaning on it while attaching things until its fixed.

Any ideas as to exactly how and where it fits, and how it is attached?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #2

We went down to the desert to stay in the coach for a couple of days and in my arrival walk-around I noticed a piece of steel, approximately 2" wide x 3' long x 1/8" thick, hanging below the utility (sewer/water) hook-up compartment. One end was laying on the ground, and the other was barely attached to the coach. I touched it and it fell off! I'm guessing it fit at the lower-outer lip of the compartment to give it strength, and it appears to have been glued on with very little glue/epoxy. That area is now kind of flimsy and I don't think I'll be leaning on it while attaching things until its fixed.

Any ideas as to exactly how and where it fits, and how it is attached?

Old 02-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Hello Rick:

Sorry to hear about the problem with the support. I was wondering if you could attach/post pictures so we can get an idea about what the problem looks like and to see if we can come up with a possible cure/idea for you problem.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:17 AM   #4

Rick,

Mine fell out about a year ago. I centered it on the flange and drilled 3 holes through it and the flange. I then installed stainless steel bolts and washers through both with construction glue. I also used acorn style nuts to help prevent cuts if I brush up against it.

This quick fix has worked out fine, but the piece of metal really should be longer and tie into the extrusion for the doors
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:00 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Rick,I had the same problem on my 03.While at a FMCA rally I was parked beside a converted bus that was in really bad shape when I found this piece of metal under my RV. I thought it must have fallen off the junky bus next door but ended up being mine.I put adhessive on it and stuck it back up with a screw in each end.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #6

Thanks for the suggestions. It is something I'll have to deal with later, however, as we won't be back to the coach until Wednesday night and are leaving for the Las Vegas rally the next morning. Dave...looking forward to seeing you there.

Rick