Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-09-2006, 08:37 AM   #15

A suggestion I have made to Ron, which was not viewed by him as practical, was to establish a standard parts and component list for each model year on at least major parts and components and then to provide to the original owner of each coach built in that model year a list of the running changes made and incorporated into each individual coach during the course of that years build. This would be of great help when servicing and troubleshooting issues or ordering replacement parts. I have found that Customer Service is helpful on these issues, but this would be a lot more user friendly!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick M:
In a closed topic: Swansnest wrote:
"Rick - Where did the extra 6" come from?"

When I wrote about Olympic Queen Beds - I should have spelled it out better & this is also a suggestion about beds and placement.
Link about Olympic Queen Beds

An Olympic Queen Bed sleeps just like an King size bed (72"x80") only it is 6" narrower. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rick,

I have never heard of Olympic Queen Beds, but it sounds like a good idea. However, as a woman, my first question is how do you find bedding, especially a fitted bottom sheet, to fit this different size?

Thanks!

gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:32 PM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gail & John:
Link about Olympic Queen Beds
Rick,

I have never heard of Olympic Queen Beds,
but it sounds like a good idea. However, as a woman, my first question is how do you find bedding, especially a fitted bottom sheet, to fit this different size?

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Gail

As more people hear about them - they are getting more popular, especially with people with space restrictions = like a MotorHome has. Select comfort also offers an equivalent called 'extended queen'.

Here is a new supplier - That I've never heard of before:
OlympicLinens.com

Sears & Wards had them listed in their catalog also.
Like I said - they sleep like a king - in fact they sleep better than my king at home.

Rick
Old 12-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks, Rick!

I'll have to check that out!
Old 01-30-2007, 03:53 PM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
Hi All,

I am just trying to get this thread to the head of the line again to drum up additional suggestions you all may have for modifications to the new Alpines. We are planning our next Focus Group session for August, when we are at the Newport, OR rally, so jump in and add to the ideas that are here.

Thanks! Gail
Old 01-31-2007, 06:26 AM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gail & John:
... to drum up additional suggestions you all may have for modifications to the new Alpines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We love the front cap design compared to ALL other coaches out there. BUT it's time to go to a 1 piece windshield with wipers parked at the bottom. Just modify the cap to take the new windshield, NOT a complete redesign of the cap, and gen slide.
Jeff_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:21 AM   #21

It's time to improve the headlights and driving lights (fog lights) of the Alpine Coach. Install lights that provide improved driving visibility, like those of some of the competition. Also, ensure that the driving lights (fog lights) can be aimed properly. The current set up for the driving lights does not allow for adequate adjustment without modifications.

Dale
2006 Alpine Coach 36FDTS
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:23 AM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
Jeff, you are not alone in your desire for a one piece windshield...John had me put that on our list a while ago already, so it is there. But, it is nice to hear that others have this same wish.

Dale, this is the first mention of improvements needed for headlights and driving lights. I think it is a very good suggestion, so I will definitely add it to our list.

Thanks to you both!

Gail
Old 02-01-2007, 06:14 AM   #23

Hi Gail,

It seems as though a lot of us Alpine owners are "internet savvy"

I've noticed that few Alpine support people seem to have individual e-mail addresses; which I suggest be improved for another communication "portal" with owners. I've used e-mail to send pics to solve problems and got the sense that it was not commonly done.

Further, a user's website, organized by year, make and component areas of their coaches; providing parts ID (links to suppliers as needed), failure, fix, upgrade, etc. and other related help would seem valuable and perhaps lessen human support load.

I wonder how many times the same call for the same part has been serviced or the same question for the same component failure has been asked and answered. An online ordering feature would be nice too.

Perhaps a "Wiki" approach to a tech Q&A section, overseen by Alpine techs and supported by ALpine users, would create a tech library valuable to owners and a timesaver to WRV.

Our forum serves as a "depository" of experience and fixes, but it is not organized for such purpose, it is a discussion forum where the same question is asked over time and answers are buried in the history of threads.

I think a owner's support website could be a nice distinction, especially for Alpine owners, who seem to fit a profile of handy, sharing, informative and supportive owners.

Just getting a website started is a hard first step, but if they support it and grow, it will yield benefits all around, IMHO.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:48 AM   #24

check out tech library at www.tiffinrvnetwork.com. nothing to do with tiffin, Run by a group of owners. Much info on common components. Free site, donations accepted though
Old 02-01-2007, 08:03 AM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
Jim, those are great suggestions! I really like the idea of sending pics via email to the techs to help resolve issues. Concerning a website, I would guess that it would take the factory a while to get to the point where anyone would have the time to organize a website of that nature...which is a shame, as I agree with you that it would end up saving a lot of time for the factory service people over the long haul.

As suggested by Alpinerver, I looked at the tiffinrvnetwork.com site, and all I have to say is "WOW"! It sounds like it was organized by a group of owners, and perhaps that is what we would need to do if we want something as comprehensive as that site. Are there a few "someones" out there who would be willing and have the knowledge to collaborate on a design for a website where we could organize and immortalize the various issues, solutions and ideas we discuss here? Or is it enough for us to learn to use the "find" capabilities of this forum?

What do you all think??

Gail
Old 02-01-2007, 11:03 AM   #26

Gail,
excellent idea but can you find individuals dedicated to put the time into a site such as that.

ON another topic

One suggestion that was posed to me was the subject of the fan noise in the intertainment center. On our SE when we turn the Sony system on to listen to a CD the 4 fans in the intertainment center come on (all 4) which raises a lot of noise. Could Alpine come up with a better solution such as being able to individually turn off some of the fans or even better use a quieter fan. The fans that are used are typical of those used in pc's and there has been a lot of literature in magazines such as PC World about quieting fan noise. Perhaps Alpine could learn from that research or change over to an inherently quieter fan such as a squierrel cage fan. I have noticed in other forums where cooling and fan noise seem to be a conflicting issue for everyone.
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #27

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Hugh,

Good news...WRV is already working on sourcing quieter fans. Unfortunately, it'll be too late for our new coach.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:38 AM   #28

A neat little option that I bet a lotta folks would purchase is a Battery Voltage Panel:

I added mine in the battery compartment. One day I could see the two banks were not charging alike; turned out the charging solenoid had burned out. That avoided trouble on the road