Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #43

Alpine Owners Club
Mike and NANCY,

I agree and in fact have installed a Glendinning hose reel in my rig. This unit puls out manually and power rewinds electricaly. There is also a remote clicker available that works with both the hose reel and the 50 amp power cord. The clicker has four buttons; one to rewind the hose reel and one each to play out or in the power cord. That leaves one for spare. You can see photos and more info at Vagabondwater. I'm sure WRV would be willing to install one of these in production, but I know Ron is sensitive to having so many options that prospective customers price themselves out of the picture.

Vagabondman
VAGABONDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2007, 04:41 PM   #44

Do you folks really find having a hose reel as a standard item truly important. I agree with the electric because the 50AMP cord is heavy and cumbersome, but a water hose is a water hose. Truly,how frequently do you require more than 25'? I have never met Ron Doyle but there certainly are a great deal of other items I could put up in front of an electric hose reel.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:45 AM   #45

I would really like to see a padded style dash with the elimination of the slideout completely. The Tiffin Phaeton , the Berkshire & the Charleston by Forest River and some of the less expensive Monacos all give the impression of considerably more quality. Having the gauges mounted in the dash properly and the sideboard under the window would enhance the entrance to the coach tremendously as well as being much more practical.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:39 AM   #46

Alpine Owners Club
I am assuming that the mentions of the "slideout" when discussing the configuration of our dash, that you mean the drawer with the hydraulics and other switches. WRV is currently only producing the APEX and the SE, and in both of these the drawer has been eliminated. I brought that up in a Focus Group meeting a while back, and it is one of the many changes WRV implemented. (Thanks Ron!!!)

As to the dash and changing the appearance, Ted has the right idea to make it a padded style dash. I will add that to my Focus Group list.

Thanks again!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:33 PM   #47

Here i an idea which maybe worth conidering.
We had the dash board fitted with carpeting that
matched our brown ultra leather seat. Prime consideration was dash board 'glare' also it makes it pet friendly and kind of homey.
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #48

A safety suggestion- Seems like every time my wife and I use the shower we bump the shower control lever with an arm or elbow causing a short term near-scalding with the hot water. How about changing the shower control to a Moen (or similar) dial/pull type with no lever. As a matter of fact...has anyone done this in their coach? If so, is it a simple r & r?

Thanks, Rick Coleman
Old 02-19-2007, 11:16 AM   #49

Another suggestion just came to mind while reading the ongoing thread about universal tv remotes: Since I always have to leave the tv component doors open to enable the remote transmitters a visual sightline to make them work, why not have tinted acrylic or glass doors in front of them so that the doors can be closed and still change channels, volume, etc.? You wouldn't really see much of the equipment and you would have the clunky open doors go away. It would also keep me from cracking my head on them as I have done on several occasions. I have considered having some made for my coach.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #50

Gail & John , Thank s for the response about the pullout drawer being eliminated. It was the most dangerous thing in the coach.
Rick, the shower control is a definite problem. # 1 if you bump it the degrees change by about 30.Possibly it could be moved to the small flat area in the shower or better yet use a rotating faucet so when you bumped it, it would not change the temp. Good thought Rick.

Rick
If your TV's are setup correctly you should have a repeater that will enable you to change functions on the TV. My forward one was on the right speaker which I moved to the right edge of the TV. Both are excelent suggestions. BOth front & rear repeaters are little blue flashing lights and if your nice sometimes they work. The entire TV setup is one of the very worst I have ever encountered. That Bob Lee, Country Coach, his company has worked out a lovely system that works beautifully.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:53 AM   #51

I always wondered what that blue light was! Nothing ever happened when it blinked, however.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:17 PM   #52

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A safety suggestion- Seems like every time my wife and I use the shower we bump the shower control lever with an arm or elbow causing a short term near-scalding with the hot water. How about changing the shower control to a Moen (or similar) dial/pull type with no lever. As a matter of fact...has anyone done this in their coach? If so, is it a simple r & r? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our coach has the Hydro-Hot which puts out extremely hot water. We were concerned about scalding ourselves or one of the grandkids and installed a tempering, rotating Moen unit that gives finite temperature adjustment. The one that comes in the coach is a piece of JUNK. Installation was interesting when I was up to the middle of my chest in an opening in the kitchen cabinet. Later I learned that the backsplash could be removed to make the job much easier.Each coach is probably different.

I also am not happy with the kitchen fawcet amd considering a Moen there also.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #53

Keep the ideas coming. They are being recorded. On my 2000, I had smoked glass panals to replace wood inserts so that the remotes would work without leaving doors open. In my '06, however, it gets so hot that I try to keep the temp down by leaving them open. Those blue lights in mine blink when clapping my hands!! In 2000 the shower mixer valve was a dial-type and much preferred. In '06 the shower lever is not only bad, but the shower size has been reduced. It appears that some changes are made for change sake and not because of an improvement (eg. 12v bedroom lights, shower temp control and ease of TV controls). As stated previously, WRV likes to be on the leading edge of media technology but due to the rapid changes in that field, never fully fix the problems of the past. My home has a TiVo, DVD/CD, HD receiver and surround sound and is very easy to use - not true with my motor home. Give me the wineguard switch box.
lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #54

Alpine Owners Club
The little blue lites should be connected to the niles system.Mine wasn't.When all the wires are connected correctly.It works great.In my 03 I replaced the door planels with tinted glass and it looked great.
APEXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #55

Alpine Owners Club
Gail,

Here are some Ideas I have had. Some I would really like to see and others are just handy. Some of these might be already done and I just don't know about them.

I only know them as "docking lights." Lights on the sides on the RV near the front pointed out and back for maneuvering and parking in the dark.

Slots under the entry steps. These can be used for misc. items used outside. I would like them to store my "fuel stop shoes," they get dirty and it is difficult to find a good and easy to access spot for them.

Have the water outlet on the water tank on the bottom instead of the side. This would allow use of more water out of the tank before the pump sucks air.

The central vacuum manufacturers make an accessory called a vac pan. This is like a small trap door that installs on the base board in the kitchen. When the door is opened it turns on the vac and debris from the floor can be sweeped into it. This allows for quick clean up of the tile floors with out getting out the vac hose. Here is a link to a page showing them.

http://www.thinkvacuums.com/beam/vacpan_universal.htm

A small AC duct in the bathroom. When using the heat pumps the bathroom gets very cold.

More accurate tank gages.

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #56

Our unit being a 2005 has a duct in the head area from the A/C units so we do get some heat when the heat pumps are on. The docking lights are excellent. I would like to see four of them installed with a slight angle towards the rear. The little dust pan is a definite asset but our outlet is all the way in the corner and could from what I see be moved more toward the center of the coach. Putting the hose in where it is know is a tough program.
Again we are talking about adding things rather than improving what we have. I truly feel that is where we must start and the best feedback that WRV can get is from their existing customers. I do believe E Mike came up with a great suggestion and that is the voltmeters mounted permanantly in the dash. I don't know why we can't have ammeters also. I find these are essential. I feel that carpet on the steps would be a real asset. They would get filthy but if they were mounted with snaps they would be quite easy to clean. Personally, I find looking at rubber linoleum and abrasive black treads really unappealing. I realize some of the improvements I have thought have been corrected. I thought when I got our 05 that they truly had neglected to finish the bottom area around the dash base on the passenger side. I have since found that that has been corrected. What a major and simple improvement. I do believe we need to harp on WRV about what must be improved in our coaches as they are. I would really like to see the batteries on a rollout, someday I am going to have to have them changed. I have 9 fused discs in my back now I do not need anymore. Lets all keep contributing.