Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:21 AM   #57

Lundy- How do you remove the kitchen backsplash to access the shower fixture? Replacing the existing one with a Moen unit really interests me.

Thanks, Rick Coleman

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:35 AM   #58

Rick,

On my 05 I was able to use a table knife from the back side to pry gently as my wife heated the mirror with a hairdryer. The 4th mirror in is only glued on the top and bottom. When you disconnect the water lines use a plastic tie to keep the fitting from falling to the bottom. This is a very worth while project. I ended up changing all the faucets to Moen.

05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:07 AM   #59

Alpine Owners Club
Ted,

As to the carpet in the step well. My wife found a small sisal carpet that fits from the back of the top step down to the outer edge of the bottom step. It covers the black treads completely with a 2 to 3 inch gap on the sides. I used 2 self tapping machine screws at each top corner to hold it in place and brass spring loaded curtain rods at the back of the 2 steps to hold it in place. Those that have seen it really like it. Snaps could be used to hold it but it is easy to remove with the screws for cleaning.

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #60

I covered mine with an indoor-outdoor sisal, and the bottom extending step with a relatively soft textured rubber. I used a strong mastic that carpet people use to secure outdoor carpet to a concrete slab. The only thing you have to be careful of is to make sure you leave approx. 2-3 outer inches of the lower step uncoverd so as to not interfere with the rubber gasket of the screen door when it is closed.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:47 PM   #61

Thanks for the suggestions on the steps. I like using the self tapping screws instead of the mastic because it can be readily removed.
Thank you both for your responses.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:33 AM   #62

Alpine Owners Club
Hi All,

I have been offline for about a week, but I am getting caught up now and recording your suggestions.

Dale Gerstel had some good suggestions, but I'm happy to say the outlet on the fresh water tank has been moved to the bottom. A request was made in the past to add an AC duct in the bathroom, but I can't honestly tell you if that has been added...I'll put it on the list to be sure. The tank gauges in the Apex are all new, and supposedly much more accurate; as for the SE and Limited, I think they are the same as they have always been, and this is an industry-wide issue...but I will make the request.

I have definitely added the shower temp control to the list, as that generated a lot of discussion here.

Thanks again...and keep those cards and letters coming!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:39 AM   #63

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
WRV has the bathroom covered already. My 2006 APEX has both AC & heat ducts in the "turlet" & I assume all late model coachs do also.

Beautiful in Phoenix.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:45 AM   #64

Alpine Owners Club
In re-reading Ted's posting of Feb 25, I have a question...has the placement of the central vac outlet been moved to a better place in the newer rigs? It sounds like the 05's weren't done well.

Also, Ted, I had already added to my list putting the batteries on a slide out tray, as we totally agree with you there!

Thanks, Basil, for your quick reply about the ducts in the "turlet"...so another one off of our old Forum Group list! It's mighty windy here in LV today.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:52 AM   #65

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
The tank sensors that came in the early model Apex coach read the level by pressure and are next to worthless. Often as not they register wrong levels or don't work at all.Today I will have stick on sensors installed that are more reliable but only read every 10%. I HAD TO PAY FOR THEM!

I don't know if WRV has made this change in later Apex coaches. Put it on your list as a reminder.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:17 AM   #66

Alpine Owners Club
Basil, thanks again for your input! And, I will definitely add the Apex sensors to the note I already listed for tank sensors.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #67

Something that WRV might look at is making the sun visors wider. While driving out to Indio yesterday for some Warranty work the sun was in my eyes and no matter what I did I couldnt get it out. too much room between visor and center post and visor and left side of windshield
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:09 AM   #68

Exactly Hugh!

Has anyone seen ALFA 'Full one piece' sun visor?
Better yet are the new 'pull down' shades/visors incorporated in Newmars Dutch Stars & Essexes - now Country Coach is beginning to install them.
They act as a 'full width visor' and a complete window block out when parked = thus Eliminating the 'curtains'.
I don't know if this idea will work well - but it sure sounds and looks 'cool'.

Rick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hrhuggie:
Something that WRV might look at is making the sun visors wider. While driving out to Indio yesterday for some Warranty work the sun was in my eyes and no matter what I did I couldnt get it out. too much room between visor and center post and visor and left side of windshield </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-27-2007, 12:37 PM   #69

Alpine Owners Club
Hugh, did you get one of the rigs where they put in visors that are only about 18 to 24 inches wide? I saw a few that had the narrower visors, and asked Burk about them. They have already gone back to the wide ones that overlap in the middle and cover all but a few inches at the side...I think they are each about 4 ft wide.

Apparently they went to the narrow ones when they had a wiring change that created a removable panel in the middle of the overhead right next to the top of the windshield that interfered with the wide visors. I have no idea why they had that panel there, but it too went away so they could again accommodate the wider visors...I would imagine because of comments like yours from owners.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:39 PM   #70

Thanks Gail & John for checking into the vacuum outlet. Trust me, where mine is, is a real bear to hookup and I do not think it was necessary. Glad we agree on the battery slide. For the folks talking about the sunshades I complained a lot to WRV because my front ones were only 18" wide. Trying to stay out of the sun was rather unique and quite an experience, as a matter of fact I believe I passed Eng. Mike or the Coyote out in one of the fields that I was in trying to stay in line with the sun. Anyway this goes back to the gal we lost and she insisted I was wrong but I finally convinced her that with the full TV not the flat screen which was thin there was no room for the full shades. I can definitely tell you they had the full shade as I have a picture in an 05 or 06 catalog showing them, but with the skinny TV which gave them the room to put the shades behind them.

Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote