Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #71

Does anyone want Lifeline AGM batteries as an option?

With AGM batteries, you don't need to have a slideout battery tray to service your batteries. Also, you don't need to have the troublesome battery watering system. And, the AGM batteries charge faster. Plus, you don't have to worry with outgassing that corrodes the battery connections and the battery box. Thus, you don't need to do that dirty cleaning of terminals and battery box every few months. Do you need more reasons?

They are about 50-70% more expensive than the standard Trojan batteries, but their advantages make them worth it.

Dale
2006 Alpine Coach 36FDTS (with AGM house batteries)

Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #72

Alpine Owners Club
I THINK THAT'S A GOOD IDEA. FOR SURE, I'M TIRED OF CLEANING UP THE MESS IN MY BATTERY BAY.

Vagabondman
VAGABONDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #73

Alpine Owners Club
Ted: I contacted the person at WRV that told Dave Rikke "Alpines not for Minnesota". He told me that Alpines are only designed to travel north, east, and west. They are not designed to travel south. Hope that answers your concern about small sun visors.

Norm
Old 02-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #74

Alpine Owners Club
We've been South, North in winter and West. Summer in Fresno is HOT! Just don't try it on 30 amps

I don't know if anyone has mentioned H2O pump switches, but ours has only one. We are adding a controller and using momentary switches, putting one in the galley area, bathroom area, sanitation bay and dash area. No more hollering from the water closet or outside, "Turn on the pump!"
I would also like tank gauges outside.

Sunvisors? Wear sunglasses
Old 02-28-2007, 02:48 AM   #75

Tom & Patty, I don't know when it started but we have a pump switch in the head as well as upfront. My coach is 2005. I certainly can understand your frustration wih only having the one switch.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:01 AM   #76

Norm, thanks for the speedy reply. My only problem is way back a very long time ago I took geography and I believe they indicated that the sun rose in the east and set in the west. This means I can only travel north but not as far north as Minnesota. I was thinking I could just drive it backwards through the little camera and the mirrors when I need to go south. We are going to S. Carolina in March. Maybe I'll give it a try. What are your thoughts.
By the way is the Coyote losing more hair or did he just have a bad night?
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:13 PM   #77

Alpine Owners Club
I been reviewing a number of threads, learning the history of our forum. Customer Service and and QC on the new Coaches is a recurrent thread. E Mike, on 8/22/05 started a thread on this. It is the best statement of the issue I've seen. I hope the staff at WRV are working in that direction.

Jeff
'98 Alpine Coach
36' FDS
Old 07-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #78

Hello All,

My mother-in-law last year purchased an WRV Apex 07 Alpine Coach. The ventilation fans for DVD/Satellite Tuner were extremely loud . She asked that I find a solution, I already have a business selling quiet cooling fans for home theaters. After a bit of work I came up with a DIY solution to replace her loud fans with quiet ones, The new fans work great, about 1/4 the sound, Now she can enjoy her living space without the added noise. I added the PQRV fan line to my website and wanted to know if there is a way to get word out about our specific solution for the loud fans in the Alpine Coachs.

I am also considering going to a Rally with her and offering installs for a reasonable fee. If you have any insight for marketing or advertising to your Alpine Coach forum. That would be really helpful. Do you have a product review section in the this forum?

Here is a link to the web site:

<<deleted URL>>

Thanks

michael
Old 07-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #79

Alpine Owners Club
Wow, Michael...you must have been reading our minds!! John and I have been talking about replacing our fans with quieter ones, too. We hope the rally you chose to attend will be Albuquerque in October, as there will be a lot of Alpine owners there, and you could probably help a lot of owners of the newer coaches.

We do have a few questions...do you know if these fans are distinct from the fans that are currently used by WRV to clear the windshield? Your website says these are sold in a pack of 4; is that how many fans we have now? Is your mother-in-law Carol or Lisa?

John and I are members of WRV's Focus Group, and I will put you on our list to request that WRV look at your solution. Otherwise, what you have posted here should be very helpful in getting the word out to a lot of owners that a noise solution is available.

Thanks so much!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #80

Alpine Owners Club
Yikes! Here I am an ACA board member, and I am forgetting our club policy about no vendors at rallies. Sorry everyone...I just got so excited about Michael's solution I got carried away.

Michael, I have sent you a personal note on this forum...just look for the flag at the top of the topics that will say "New PM" and click on that.

Thanks to Gale for reminding me...

gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote