Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RVersOnline
Thanks to those who replied to our initial submission here noting we're joining the ranks of Alpine owners with an '07 34 FDDS which is now in the "house" stage of construction in Yakima. While we've obviously made all our "choices" in terms of options, there's one remaining -- whether to purchase the factory installed sun shades. We purchased aftermarket sun shades on our last diesel pusher (a CC Intrigue), and apparently lucked out -- as they were perfectly fitted by the installer. We've subsequently seen far too many shades that really weren't properly installed. Would anyone have a recommendation on the factory furnished and installed sun shades? Many thanks...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks to those who replied to our initial submission here noting we're joining the ranks of Alpine owners with an '07 34 FDDS which is now in the "house" stage of construction in Yakima. While we've obviously made all our "choices" in terms of options, there's one remaining -- whether to purchase the factory installed sun shades. We purchased aftermarket sun shades on our last diesel pusher (a CC Intrigue), and apparently lucked out -- as they were perfectly fitted by the installer. We've subsequently seen far too many shades that really weren't properly installed. Would anyone have a recommendation on the factory furnished and installed sun shades? Many thanks...
Old 08-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #3

The factory uses the Motorcoach Designs sunshade. These are very nice. They are pre-cut/sewn to fit the Alpine windows (with Alpine logos even) and are really top grade shade material. And it's black - you want black IMO.

We bought our MCD shades after market. LOVE them - they fit beautifully. We had one of the MCD independent dealers install them. Alpine had not offered this option at the time.

If you search - you'll find my sun shades link with photos I'm sure.

It's true - I've seen some REALLY bad looking sun shades out there. I think in many cases it's not only that they weren't so well fitted, but that the fabric is not that high quality either.

Audrey
Old 08-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I would agree with Audrey and John. I purchaced the Motorcoach Designs after seeing them in Pomona at the FMC Show. Extremely easy to install yourself (took me about 45 minutes).

These shades are the only ones that you can get streached tight. I hate the ones that have wrinkles. Also agree that black works best.

Jerry Davis
05-06 36' FDDS
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 07:08 AM   #5

I also purchased after Pomona; although not as fast at installing (kept worrying about drilling holes)it was easy. Since the factory now installs do it the shades are the best. Of course with the quality of work that slips out of the factory you might just want to buy them from the store and do it yourself. Don't forget the 10% discount off list as an assoc. member. If you will be in hot climates MCD makes great inside covers for the shower skylight and Fantastic vents. Here in Aquanga (ORA) they have helped save our life in the blazing sun of the recent CA heat wave.
skyguy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:51 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks for the very helpful comments. We're convinced!

As someone about to become an Alpine owner, I'd also like to comment that we've been very favorably impressed with the constructive dialogue we've found taking place among Alpine owners. I'm sure there are a few unhappy comments posted from time to time, but this group seems to have really taken the high road in the overwheliming majority of its discussions. That says a great deal about the folks that own Alpine products, and we're looking forward to "formally" joining the group when we take factory delivery in September.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #7

Unfortunately we have a 34' 05 with the very large 27" TV. After much consideration I have found a 32" flat screen with a 31" wide proile that will require no cabinet alteratation but allow a bit of a larger TV screen without changing the cabinets. This will allow me to put full window screens across the windshield, which are badly needed. Definitely an asset.

We have just returned from the Charlote pre rally and it was quite nice except for the oppresive heat. By Thursday it became bearable and pleasant. The Richard Childress Corporation, both the racing team display and the grape field as well as the winery were outstanding. The entire presentation through the week was lovely except for Mother Nature and her horrible heat. The presentation by HWH, Allison, Cummins, Xantrex and Silver Leaf (which I felt left a great deal to be desired)Just a very personal opinion. The people that represented their products were exceptional and of course our members were beyond reproach. As this was our first experience at one of these rallies we really enjoyed all of it except for the heat. The WRV people were outstanding and as usual Burk Morgan was a tremendous asset. I find this individual a tremendous asset to WRV and I have never had the the pleasure to personally meet Ron Doyle, as yet. In our opinion this is a slow growing aggressive company with a great deal of consumer input. As a company owner of 47 years and very small I very much appreciated this type of operation.

Regardless, thank you all all for the wonderful week
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:09 AM   #8

I believe I answered this note incorrectly. You all were referring to the outside sunshades and I apologize for the error. We have, at Audrey & Anonymous John)installed the sun shades that Audrey had used and they are just terrific. Audrey had posted a ways back pictures of their coach with them installed. It really is not an ad for the company, it is what they really look like. The only thing different that they did if I recall correctly, they beat some poor unadulterated individual to install them on their coach for $ 125.00. This gentlemen has now joined I believe the Chinese Monks. You know the ones that go up in the basket and never return. In either case their selection was terrific as the product is excellent and a lot of thanks to Audrey who saved me as well as others a great deal of research. Great choice Audrey, Thank you
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:15 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
T&C: Was the "unadultered individual" the same guy that Audrey hired to paint an image of a handsome man on the Roslyn Cafe mural?