Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Switched Electric Brake Booster

I know I have read about the electric brake booster on the forum before, but I am unable to find it in the search.

I was sitting in the campground and turned on the ignition, stepped on the brake. The booster doesn't make any noise and the pedal is hard. I think I read about a fuse but do not find it in the passenger side dash area. The cruise control didn't deactivate when I hit the brakes on our drive down, and I have discovered I have no brakes lights. I'm sure it is all connected.

We may have driven down here this way. But I want to try to get this fixed before our trip home tomorrow. Hydraulic brakes are fine. Exhaust brake works too.

Thanking all you experts
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2014, 09:39 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
After some reading......maybe a bad brake light switch?
Old 06-15-2014, 10:51 AM   #3

I think it is the brake switch. Hopefully you found previous posts about this. If not look at this one http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/brak...nt-151327.html
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #4

Tom, it is just the coach's way of getting back at you for leaving it idle for so long. Glad to see Patty is doing better. ( Got to read FB as well as IRV2.)
Old 06-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
You guys are great!!!! Thanks for the reply.

I was under the coach in the campground of course...... I had 12v to the switch. I unplugged everything and plugged the connections back in. Pounded on the switch, got back in the MH and it is fixed for now.

Then I found your posts on the switch. I am ordering one now.

Patty is a bit sore today. Over did the walking yesterday. But everyone in the campground knew Hannah!

Did I say I love driving this machine. We have winding roads down the the Ohio river, and we handle like we are on rails.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1402856722.061902.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	65461  
Old 06-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
All fixed. $16.42 bought locally. Of course it took me four hours. Once I replaced the switch, I greased the brake zerk and steering zerk. Then on to all the front end grease fittings. Checked the wiring from the genset to the coach.......since I was under there....ect.

Thank you to the best support group on iRV2!
Old 06-25-2014, 06:15 AM   #7

Did you find the upper zerk on the steering column [behind the plastic cover, to the left of the accel pedal]. Finding this zerk is a true snipe hunt--with the column cover off, besure to lubricate the large rubber gasket that seals the steering column as it goes thru the floor too.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:52 PM   #8

Imho- every Alpine Coach 2003 and older should simply replace the brake switch on a PM basis. This switch sets in a road spray area and will eventually corrode & fail. After 10 years you've got your use out of it. Retire the the old man & put a fresh youngster in his place. It's a common story happening all over.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:00 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Switched Electric Brake Booster

OS.....I got a small job for the weekend now. At least I won't be on my creeper sliding in and out from under the coach and scraping my bald head on a sharp corner of steel!

EM. It definitely was a bit stiff and range of motion was small. I did save it.........I don't know why.

Tags
brake